Chapter 52

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE AHHHH^^

Ari's pov

"How you feeling?" Harry asked, taking a seat next to me on the chair in the lobby. I had been entertaining myself by watching my tiny miracles crawl around the lobby and laugh, totally oblivious to everything going on around them.

I could've said, "I'm sore from my miscarriage and my body hurts from my near death experience. I also feel like I may collapse any second due to the fact that the only person I ever loved may never hold me again and my brother hasn't talked to me for a solid forty eight hours which worries me in ways you don't understand," but instead I went with,

"Good" and faked a small smile. He rolled his eyes at my response, knowing I was lying. Looking past me, I saw him wave and smile in someone's direction. Turning, I saw Johanna and Lottie entering the hospital. They both looked relieved when they saw me sitting in the lobby.

"Honey" Jo gushed rushing over to me. Harry helped me stand to my feet so I could embrace the two of them. "Are you alright?" She asked stroking my cheek. I nodded, unable to form a complete sentence.

Lottie hooked her arm around my waist and I leaned against her side, resting my head against hers. "Looks like something good came out of this" she said as I wide smile broke out across her face. I followed her eyes to Lacey and Bryce who were chasing each other around the lobby. I heard Johanna gasp at the sight, happy that her grandson was finally crawling.

"You must be so proud" Lottie whispered and leaned against me. I simply nodded, getting choked up just looking at them. Taking a deep breath, I had to sit down again. Everything was happening so fast, too fast and I think we were all more than overwhelmed.

"Have you seen Liam yet?" Johanna's asked taking a seat next to me where Harry was previously sat.

I shook my head, "I've been too afraid to ask" I confessed, gazing towards the front desk.

Jo looked at me and frowned. "Honey, you're gonna have to ask at some point" she told me frankly.

"I know" I mumbled and played with my fingers. "I just don't want to hear the bad news" Tears slowly began to well in my eyes, but I held them back, not wanting to show any signs of weakness. Instead of replying, she put her arm around my shoulder and I leaned into her chest. I shot up quickly, suddenly realizing Louis wasn't with her.

"Where is he?" I asked looking at her directly. "Louis" I clarified, even though she knew I was referring to him.

"He's home" Lottie answered for her. "He's been in his room ever since you left" she said quietly, avoiding eye contact with me. I wasn't sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing, so I remained silent, pondering the situation. "We tried talking to him," she began. "But he blew us off." Her head hung low when she said this. I could tell she was upset for her brother and only wanted what was best for him.

Don't get me wrong, I felt terrible that this happened to him. Nobody, especially him, deserved something as tragic as this. This however, didn't give him an excuse to be rude to his family and shut out the rest of the world. I may be a little selfish when speaking, but I hadn't gone longer than twenty four hours without talking to Louis in my entire life. Now it's been close to fifty, and I felt like a part of me was missing. Louis was my other half, and not having him around made me feel empty.

Without telling anyone where I was going, I stood up and walked towards the front desk. I was careful to walk around Lacey and Bryce who were playing in the center of the waiting room. Usually, I would've moved them closer to us, but there were a lot of guys here watching out for them. Plus they seemed to be entertaining some of the other sad families who were scattered around the room.