Chapter 2

Liam's Pov

"Your joking" I said bluntly to the boys. I stood in the center of the kitchen covered in Macaroni and cheese. I had just come down in a jacket and tie and showered and did my hair nice for my date tonight.

"You were in the way I was trying to hit Harry!" Louis yelled through his laughter.

I can't believe them. It took me over an hour to look this nice. Tonight was supposed to be perfect. I hadn't had a proper night out with Ariella in a long time and I wanted it to go well.

I took a handful of noodles off my head and smashed it in his face. Harry was laughing so hard that he slipped on the gooey pasta underneath him. Serves you right.

"I can't believe you" I sighed and ran my hands through my hair, brushing the food out so it fell to the floor. "unbelievable" I muttered "the one night I have to look nice!" I cursed the boys out and stormed upstairs to re-shower and change.

Just as I was about to go grab another outfit, I thought it would be smart to let Ari know I was running late.

"Hey babe?" I know opened the door to reveal my fiancé in her bra and panties in front of the mirror. She quickly threw on a large teeshirt to cover her body. She flushed in embarrassment and didn't meet my eyes. I never knock, ever. I don't know why she's so embarrassed, she's beautiful.

"Baby" I cooed and walked over to her. She still didn't look up. "What wrong?" I said caressing her cheek.

"N-nothing I'm fine" she said quietly. "Just let me get changed" she said a little more convincing- I wasn't buying it.

"Ari I know you better than this" I said looking her in the eye "what's the matter?"

"It's nothing it's not a big deal I promise" she flashed me a small fake smile. I gave her a firm look and she looked away.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me" I said crossing my arms.

"Liam it's nothing for you to worry about. Please go" she said equally as firm. Usually I do as she says, but I'm holding my own this time.

"Please" she croaked and turned to hide the tears that were forming in her eyes.

"Ariella" I rushed to pull her in my arms and gently rub her back. She resisted at first, but gave in and relaxed in my arms.

Eventually I swiftly lifted her up and walked the few feet to the bed. She sat in the edge and I knelt down in front of her between her legs.

She wiped the single tear that had fallen and drew in a sharp breath. I didn't want to pressure her at first, but I certainly wasn't letting this go.

She made eye contact with me for a brief moment and looked away.

"Babe you know you don't have to keep things from me and you have nothing to be embarrassed about. I'll love you no matter what" she looked a little relieved by my words, which made me apprehensive.

"Ari" I said taking her hands in mine "you think I don't love you anymore?"

"No no it's not that at all" she said standing up

"Then..." I trailed off when she walked up to the mirror and turned to her side.

"I'm gaining weight" she said flushing and not taking her eyes from the mirror.

I sat and looked at her body. She was curvy in all the right places and not heavy at all. When she lifted her shirt up I noticed that her stomach was larger than it ever had been. It was only noticeable because she had washboard skinny abs before. There was a difference but I don't think it's anything to worry about, she's still perfect and I didn't even notice. When I looked up to her eyes she had fear all across her face.