Chapter 72

Liam's pov

"Liam!" Ari shouted from the top of the stairs. "Can you take the chicken out of the oven?"

"I got it!" I called back to her. Standing from the couch, I made my way over to the kitchen and grabbed an oven mitt from the drawer. I opened the oven, pulled out the dish and set it on the hot plate. "Smells good" I called up to her as I grabbed a fork from the drawer. Just as I was about to put a piece in my mouth, a voice interrupted me.

"Liam James" I heard my fiancé's voice snap from behind me. I turned and put my hands up in surrender, leaving the fork in the dish.

"I didn't do it" I defended myself, wide eyed. She shook her head teasingly and took a few steps toward me.

"You're too much" she smiled and stood on the tips of her toes to peck my lips. As soon as she started to walk past me to finish cooking, I grabbed her waist and spun her around in a circle, causing her to cry out in delight.

"Well you're too cute" I countered as I set her down on the tops of my feet, keeping her body pulled against mine. It was true though, she looked adorable in her tribal sweater shorts and her white silky top.

"Well what if I wanted to be sexy instead?" She smirked, shrugging her sweater off her shoulders playfully. Chuckling, I tugged her sweater back up, keeping her positioned against me with my other arm.

"Who says you can't be both?" I smiled and kissed the tip of her nose as I slowly trailed my hands down her back until I reached her bum. I gave it a light playful squeeze making her gasp and bite her lip to hide her pleasant laugh.

"Works for me" she smiled and loosely hung her arms around my neck. I tilted my head back in laughter and moved my hands back to her waist. For a moment, neither of us said anything. She rested her head against my chest, and I slowly began to dance around the kitchen, keeping her on the tops of my shoes.

Smiling, she lifted her head and looked into my eyes. "What are you doing?" She whispered with a small giggle.

"I can't dance with my bride?" I challenged as
I spun in a slow circle. The smile on her face faded and I realized it must have been because of my choice in words. "Hey," I grabbed her attention. "We're going to get married" I stated, looking directly into her eyes.

"I know" she replied softly. "I'm not worried" she added, "because I don't need a ring, or a certificate to show anyone how much I love you" she finished and pulled my head down so she could connect our lips. The feeling of being this close to her was a feeling so intimate and sentimental that no words in the dictionary could describe.

No girl in the entire world could ever get my heart racing as fast as Ariella could, and nobody could make laugh or feel important the way she did. There was no one who even compared to be as strong and selfless and my fiancé. Most of all, the was no woman in the world whom I would trust enough to be the mother of my children.

"God" I breathed, pulling away as I stared into her eyes. She knit her eyebrows together in confusion. "How did I get so lucky?" I mumbled, pushing a few strands of hair away from her face.

A small smile tugged at the corners of her mouth while I stood, looking continuously in her eyes. She seemed to have an expression that I couldn't read, making me curious about her thoughts. "What are you thinks about?" I asked, resting my forehead against hers.

"How I've been standing, pressed against you, for five minutes and you haven't kissed me yet" she smirked and ran her hands up my chest, wrapping them around my neck. Smiling, I moved so my lips crashed against hers. I allowed my hands to squeeze her side gently, pulling her closer to me.