Chapter 47

Ari's pov

"I had a miscarriage" I said shakily and avoided eye contact. I knew if I looked up at him I would see his heartbroken reaction which would break me. If I was going to stay strong, I needed to hold back all my emotions until I know what lies ahead of me.

"Ari" he said breathlessly. Unfortunately, I stole a glance up at him just in time to see the stream of tears rolling down his face. I shook my head and looked out the window. "What-
When- how-" Louis stuttered, trying to comprehend if the words I spoke were true.

"I found out a few days after we got back from New York last week and I was planning on surprising Liam at the reception" I trailed off when the flashbacks of Liam's broken body crowded my mind. "I even made a little video too" I said and laughed bitterly at how I though such a plan could go so smoothly.

Without looking at his expression, I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and opened up my camera roll where I had saved the video. The entire video was a collection of photographs of Liam and I along with the kids and some with the boys. The last slide showed a picture of Bryce holding a sign that read, "little he?" And the next was of Lacey, "or little she?" The next slide was both of them holding a sign that said "mummy's expecting baby #3!"

My tears formed when I pictured all the possible reactions from the crowd, especially Liam's. I had been looking forward to this day for five years, but this surprise made me crave it even more. Now, not only may I never get married, but I may never have more children, or see my other children.

"Louis we have to find Lacey and Bryce" I said panicked and jumped out of the bed. I ran towards the door but a hand over mine prevented me from opening it.

"Ari are you even supposed to be moving?" Louis asking pulling me back. "Love this is serious!" He yelled. "You just lost your baby!"

"Thanks for the reminder!" I yelled and attempted to yank the door open. I knew he wasn't trying to be mean, he was just concerned about me. But in this moment I was feeling anxious and way beyond frustrated. I still had no idea what Liam's condition was or where on earth Lacey and Bryce were. Because of all of this stress, I miscarried the baby that I had been pregnant with for a week, leaving me isolated without any family.

"Ari this isn't healthy-" he said putting his hand on the door, preventing me from exiting.

"Louis the baby is already gone" I said much more calmly than I was a second ago. "So are Lacey and Bryce" I added, "which is why I need to get out there and find them" I said and turned back around.

"Just let me-"

"Listen to me" I said firmly. "You know that family is the most important thing in he world to me" I began, "I just lost one child and I'm not losing my other two" I growled. "If I don't get out there and do something about it then I may never have a family ever again" I said and paused to let my words absorb with him. "So don't you dare try and stop me" My voice trembled as I fought back the angry tears that threatened to spill.

I was expecting him to resist, so I was trying to think of words to fight back with. Instead, he opened the door and motioned for me to exit before him. I looked at him hesitantly and he just usher me out. Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I walked back out into the waiting room.

"Where have you been??" Luke asked, genuinely confused.

"Why were you in a room? Are you okay?" Ashton asked with concern evident in his voice.

"It's not important" I said a little more harshly than intended. Refusing to meet anyone's eyes, I pulled my phone out and dialed Paul's number.

"It's Ari" I replied when he picked up. "What's going on, where are you?" I asked and to spend my fingers against the phone impatiently as I waited for an answer.