Chapter 27

This chapter is dedicated to @guppyfish12 and @someone181 because they literally voted and commented the same second I updated!!! And their comments made me really happy :p love you!! Xx

Ariellas pov

Her face softened instantly and I saw her eyes brim with tears. I never thought it would be this hard to go wedding dress shopping without my mom, but I guess I never really had the time to think about it either.

Growing up, I wasn't the type of girl to fantasize about her weddings or her future husband. I felt like I grew up pretty quickly after losing my parents. The weight of not having them with me was too much to bear sometimes, and since I was so young, I never really understood what was fully going on.

Flashback

Johanna grabbed me and Louis as we ran into the emergency room. Her face was soaked with tears and I couldn't figure out why.

"Go sit over there" She told Louis and me, who were now also crying.

She ran over to the nurse at the desk while louis and I sat worriedly in the chairs. Johanna continued talking to the nurse and after a few moments, she disappeared behind the doors, leaving the two of us crying out of fear.

Moments had gone by and louis had put his arms over my shoulders to comfort me. I laid my head on his shoulder and weeped.

I couldn't figure out a reason why Johanna would be crying. All I knew is that mummy and daddy went out for dinner to celebrate some special news and I was supposed to play at Louis's with Auntie Jo.

After minutes had passed agonizingly slow, Jo reappeared with a doctor. The doctor nodded and whispered something to Auntie Jo.

Both of them looked really sad.

She took a deep breath and walked over. Jo thanked the girl nurse that was sitting with us. For some reason the nurse said "sorry" but I didn't know why. She kept her hands to herself the while time! So why did she said sorry?

Jo then took me and Louis's hands and walked to the car.

"W-where's mommy and daddy?" I whimpered when we arrived home.

"Well honey" Jo said sitting with me on the couch "they went to heaven" She said simply. Heaven? What's heaven? I wondered to myself. Maybe it's a vacation...

"When are they coming back?" I asked innocently

"I don't think they'll be back sweetheart. They loved you very much, but they have to stay right where they are" She tried to explain that mommy and daddy weren't coming back but I didn't know why.

"So I'm not going to see them again?" I asked, tears welling in my eyes

"You'll see them again one day, but not for a while, ok?"

"Ok" I said as a single tear rolled down my cheek. Jo pulled me onto her lap.

"How would you like to live here? With me and Louis?" She asked trying to sound excited

"Forever?" I asked with a glimmer of hope in my eye. This was enough to distract me from the news I just heard since I couldn't fully comprehend the intensity of the situation.

"Forever" She smiled through her watery eyes

"Yeah" I said wrapping my tiny arms around her neck. She cradled me back and forth until I was almost fast asleep in her arms.