Chapter 10

* important authors note please read at the end*

Louis's pov

Tears streamed down her face as she quickly walked towards the exit. I instantly felt nauseous knowing that something was most likely wrong with the baby.

After contemplating briefly if I should run after her, I found myself kneeling on the concrete beside her as she stared into space emotionlessly.

The boys skidded to a stop when they found us and gave me a worried look. I shrugged nervously and motioned for them to go away. I certainly wasn't going to start the conversation because I didn't want to make her upset. Right now she seemed simply defeated and that broke my heart. After moments of silence she sniffled and spoke quietly.

"April 1st, 1996, I lost both of my parents" she began and my nerves overpowered my confusion. "Now, April 1st, 2015 my baby will be born" she finished. I gasped and momentarily forgot how to breath. I was relieved that the baby was okay but I felt terrible that s/he had to be born on what was the worst day of her life.

"Ariella I-" I shook my head in disbelief with my mouth agape. This couldn't be happening. She let out a laugh, but it wasn't full of humor.

"It's funny right?" She rested her head against the wall "how nothing seems to go my way lately" she closed her eyes and rested her hands in her lap. "How can something so beautiful, happen on such a tragic day?" She asked rhetorically. "It's ironic" she said quietly

"Well a due date is just a day, nobody is born on their due day" I tried to sound convincing

"With my luck it'll happen" she smiled turning her head towards me briefly.

"Maybe it won't be so bad though" I said. She cocked an eyebrow and I shrugged. "It would take away the pain of that day and replace it with a happy memory each year as your baby grows older" she turned away and thought about it for a minute.

"I guess" she said surprised "but I'm going to avoid it at all costs" she giggled

"Oh right like you'd have a choice" I remarked sarcastically

"I could hold her in!" She laughed

"It's a girl?!" I jumped up excitedly

"I don't know" she pulled an envelope out of her bag "Harry has to make me a cake remember?" She fanned herself with the envelope playfully

"Oh yeah" I laughed taking the envelope

"Where did they go?" She asked looking around

"Probably not far" I mumbled "boys you can come out now" I said only a little bit louder than normal knowing that they were eavesdropping nearby. My theory was proven when all three boys tumbled out from behind the brick wall causing Ari to giggle.

"So what happened?" The asked cautiously while brushing the dirt off and sitting in front of us. I began to say that we would talk about it later but Ari thought otherwise.

"The baby is born on the day my parents died" her voice sounded much more confident and not as defeated when she explains this. They shot her sympathetic glances to which she smiled in return.

"Oh and" she took the envelope from my hand "this is important information, don't lose it" she scolded harry with a smile.

"I won't" he laughed as he began to open the envelope

"No don't do that!" She shielded her eyes and tuned away from Harry "I don't want to see! Do it at home!"

"But-"