Chapter 41

Dedication to the lovely crazy_for_1d_2002_ because she read, commented and voted on all my chapters in Through the Dark. She has an amazing Harry book called Your Mine (plus a sequel) and if you like this book even a little you will love her book because they are very similar so I suggest reading them, you will not be disappointed :)

Ari's pov

"You two have scars on the exact same places" Lottie said lifting her head from Harry's chest. I looked down at mine, and then at Louis's and was stunned to see they looked the exact same. My body shook with goosebumps as the vivid memory flashed through the mind.

Flashback

I was searching for a phone and another weapon when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man dragging Louis towards a dark room. He threw him against the wall and threatened him with a knife at his side.

My mind jumped into attack mode and I crept towards the man. I whipped out the knife and held it against his throat. I winced as I pressed the blade into his skin and he dropped to the floor.

Louis looked at me in shock and disbelief. I raced over and knelt down to see if he was hurt. I helped him off the floor and he leaned on the wall for support.

"ARIELLA!" I heard Zayn cry.

I turned just in time to see the large man running at me with a knife. Before I could react, he plunged the knife into my stomach and I dropped to the floor clutching my stomach. I felt nauseous looking at the pool of blood forming around me on the concrete.

"ARIELLA NO!" I heard an unfamiliar voice.

I lifted my head to see a body being thrown to the floor on the opposite end of the warehouse.

Liam.

End of flashback

I noticed that Louis flinched and shook his head as if to clear a memory.

"Did you just have the same flashback I did?" I asked quietly and watched as he nodded blankly. I couldn't help the chills that ran through my body at the gory memory.

"They're battle scars" Harry said. "Nothing to be ashamed of" he said looking back and forth between both of our scars.

"Sounds like a clever Twitter caption" Lottie smirked and tapped her fingers against the smooth surface of her phone.

Snaking an arm around me waist, Louis pulled my into his side and pointed at my scar, from a distance, with his mouth open and eyes wide in pretend shock. Laughing, I mimicked his actions and looked into the camera as Lottie snapped the picture. Tagging us on Twitter, she captioned it

@lottietommo123: "that which does not kill us, makes us stronger" #twins #bestfriendscars

Louis pulled out his phone and retweeted the pictures. Instantly, #twins trended, since this was the second picture in that day that had been tweeted about Louis and I as twins- first the converse/baby tweet, now the scars.

"Wait what is that?" I asked pointing to his screen as he scrolled down.

"What?" He asked, letting me scroll up on his phone. My eyes widened when I came across a tweet from Calum.