Chapter 45

Louis's pov

"Ari!" I yelled for the third time, snapping her out of her state of shock. "I know this is scary but you have to get out of here!" I shouted over the ear piercing shrieks coming from the guests. Cringing, I wiped the fresh blood on my dress pants.

She was frozen, completely frozen in a state of pure astonishment. She didn't acknowledge anything I was saying and she had barely expressed any sort of emotion. Not a single tear rolled down her cheek, which worried me- it wasn't healthy.

"What are you looking-" my question faded as I followed her gaze to the one who instigated the chaos that is currently buzzing around us. My shoulders dropped in defeat and my lips parted in disbelief.

Standing behind the chairs with a gun pointed in our direction was Courtney.

My girlfriend.

The one I thought I loved.

"What" I gasped, barely above a whispered. Now I understand Ariella's astonishment. Courtney was so close with both of us that she was basically family. Words can't begin to describe the astonishment that we are both feeling at her unexpected actions.

However she was not alone. Two men accompanied her, both of whom I did not recognize, which made a knot form in my stomach. I looked to Ari and wanted to ask who the two men were, but she seemed too distracted and much more taken back than I was. Her face also resembled something else, realization almost, but I'm not sure what could make sense in a situation like this.

When she began walking towards us, my mind was screaming at me to run, to do something, anything, but my body couldn't move. I couldn't do so much as close my agape mouth or tear my eyes away from the blonde girl with the sick smile on her face.

My thoughts didn't focus on the screams, sirens or blood. It only tried to grasp reality- my girlfriend just shot my sister's fiancé three times on the alter of their wedding day.

I should be terrified as she kept on coming closer, but somehow I knew that three fires was all she planned on. Her friends didn't appear to have a weapon, which was one less distraction.

My eyes swept through the scenery to take in the chaos. The chairs were toppled over and broken, due to people scrambling to get out of here. Everyone ran for their cars when they heard the first blow, so now the area was mostly deserted.

As I continued to sweep over the sights before me, my eyes flickered across a handful of boys sprinting in our direction- Zayn, Niall and Harry. They must have left to help others out of the area and came back to help us. They skidded to a painful stop when they took in the sight before them. Niall's reaction was the most noticeable, as tears instantly rolled down his cheeks.

"Ari!" Phoebe cried, tears running down her cheeks. I had almost completely forgotten that the bridal party was still at the alter with us. "I'm scared" she yelled, furiously wiping her tears away as Courtney came closer.

Something inside of Ariella must have clicked, because her head snapped up and her eyes narrowed. She appeared much more alert and aware the situation than she was a few moments ago.

"Louis get them out of here" she said sternly, looking in my eyes with such intensity. Phoebe and Daisy were hiding behind Lottie and Fizzy, who were also crying.