Chapter 15

*this chapter is dedicated to rachel2244 again! She's simply AMAZAYN and so are her stories!!*

Ariella's pov

Lottie and I were on our way to my monthly checkup for the babies. Because of my stomach injury from the warehouse they had to be checked on regularly to make sure they were healthy and unharmed.

Ironically, it was scheduled the day Liam left. He insisted on staying and taking a separate flight, but I refused to let that happen. There was no reason for him to stay and fly out an hour later.

"My how you have grown!" My doctor cooed at my stomach and I giggled. She was a sweet elder lady, around 60 years old or so.

"Yep they're making progress" I agreed laying back on the bed. She smiled as she rubbed the cool gel over my stomach, carefully avoiding the scar.

"Would it be okay if I put a little on this spot this time?" She asked gesturing to the spot where the knife was once occupied "it looks healed and we just want to be safe" she said sweetly

"Yeah that's fine" I replied simply with a smile.

Returning the smile, she gently rubbed the cold gel over my scar. I relaxed into the bed and closed my eyes and tried not to think of anything negative.

"Okay" the nurse mumbled looking at her screen. She continued moving the stick around in various places. However I noticed that she continued to move the stick to areas near my scar. I figured it was because they wanted to make sure everything healed properly, but when the nurse excused herself I knew something was wrong.

I turned to Lottie in a panic and bit my lip trying not to have an anxiety attack in the doctors room. I hadn't had one since that day in the graveyard with Louis. Plus I've been off the pills because of the pregnancy, so I was making progress and trying my hardest to keep it that way.

"Hey it's okay" she rushed over the me and tried to calm me down.

"What if something's wrong?" I whispered biting the inside of my lip. I didn't feel tears coming, I just felt nauseous and a little dizzy.

"You need to relax" she said sternly "I'm sure she went to go get some paperwork or to get another doctor to check on the scar. You weren't properly treated for it and I'm sure that's all it is" I nodded and sunk back into the bed. She was right, I was overreacting. I really needed to pull myself together or something bad could happen.

"Ariella this is Dr. James, he's a certified physician who will be looking at your babies today" she said quickly

"Okay" I said hesitantly with a fake smile.

"How are you feeling?" He asked sliding his gloves on

"Fine" I gulped trying to slow my heart rate down.

"Does anything hurt?" I shook my head no, not trusting my voice at this point.

"Okay let's just have a look" he muttered sliding the stick over my stomach. He eyed the screen intently, meanwhile I found the wall an interesting place to hold a firm gaze.

I heard the two doctors mumbling and whispering to themselves while pointing and staring at the screen. I flashed Lottie a questioning look and she just shrugged. As she started walking over the doctors turned to me.

"Ariella," he began and my stomach tightened "it seems as if one of your babies has been injured" my vision was temporarily blurry and I gripped onto the bed post to make sure I wasn't going to pass out.