Chapter 16

+Remember to vote, love you+

Louis's pov

"Liam where are you going?" Niall called after him, but he was already long gone. We exchanged looks of fear and confusion before running in his direction.

"Where could he have gone?" Zayn called as we frantically searched the halls and rooms near the recording room.

"His dressing room!" Harry yelled running towards the door and trying to open it. Just our luck, it was locked so he put his ear to the door and attempted to overhear the conversation.

"What did he say?" Calum asked anxiously

"I got here exactly one second before you" Harry sassed Calum giving him a look that suggested he was insane. "I know everything you know" he remarked sarcastically and turned back to the door. Calum rolled his eyes and knelt down next to Harry to listen.

I stood between them with the others close behind me as we all listened intently. It was hard to hear through the thick wood doors, but I caught a few things. I also heard a loud crashing sound followed by a groan and a whimper at one point.

"...baby I'm going to come home" his voice sounded shaky but confident in his words. Everyone's eyes went wide and we looked back and forth exchanged glances.

"...I can't let you go through this by yourself" he said raising his voice slightly. I couldn't see him, but I knew he was running his hands through his hair in distress. Suddenly I felt myself being pushed out of the way

"Move" Julian snapped as he pushed us out of the way and used his key to unlock Liam's dressing room. Where he got that, I have no idea. I lost my footing when he shoved me and I tripped on Calum who was on the floor. I face planted with Harry next to me and Luke and Niall on me. I groaned when someone's elbow hit the scar on my stomach.

"Liam, what do you think you're doing? Get back in the studio!" Julian yelled pointing to the door.

"I need a minute!" Liam snarled. His eyes looked red and worn with wet teary cheeks. Harry and I eyes each other subtly, wondering what was going on.

"Since when do you make the rules?!" Julian yelled making us all flinch at the harshness in his voice.

"Since my fiancé is having a miscarriage!" Liam countered. These words caused my stomach to twist in the most uncomfortable way. I didn't think tears could come as fast as they did, but I learned it was possible when they rolled down my cheeks instantly. The loud noise before didn't compare to the sound my heart made when it shattered into tiny pieces after hearing these words roll off of Liam's tongue.

I was aware that the guys began leaving, but I couldn't bring my feet to move. It's as if I was frozen in place and the only thing I could think of was the tragic news I just heard. I felt a gentle tug on my sleeve and Harry slowly pulled me out of the room, leaving Liam alone again.

Once I stepped foot outside my knees went weak and I collapsed on the floor in tears for my best friend. After all she's been through, now she has to loose her children... It just wasn't fair. I felt the floorboards creek on both sides of me meaning someone was there. I was in too much distress to even bother to glance up at whoever was there.

A few shaky but deep breaths later, I finally had the strength to lift my head and see all the guys sitting in the floor around me. I noticed Harry had red eyes as did Niall. Calum and Michael let a few tears slip as did Luke and Ashton. Zayn was in the back hugging his knees to his chest with his face buried in his arms.

Word must travel quick because I even saw a few management workers in the back exchanging looks of sorrow amongst each other. Seeing everyone like this made me want to curl up into a ball and cry again, but that wasn't an option. It also made me realize how much Ariella meant to not only me, but everyone else in the room right now. Most of the producers never knew her personally, but here they were, standing and mourning for the loss of her child.