[twenty eight]

"So what do you want to eat?" She goes on, now pulling the curtains wide open allowing the late noon sun to pour in.

"Doesn't matter,"I yawn, slowly beginning to lift myself up in a better position.

"Alright I guess I'll just figure it out,"She says before returning back at my side.

"What," I ask her slowly.

"How did you expect to get back into the wheelchair," She asks with her head tilted so that her long brown hair cascades to one side of her plain t-shirt clad shoulder.

"Oh," I laugh slightly,"I don't think you can help me.."

Before I can even continue protesting I'm swept in one swift motion from the bed to the wheelchair.

"I've helped people heavier than you,"She smirks before wheeling me to the only bathroom down stairs.

The transition from the wheel chair to the toilet seat is..interesting.

It takes me five whole minutes to actually piss without splattering it everywhere yet somehow I've been in here long enough to have Annette knock on the door and check in on me.

Once I'm back on the chair, hands washed, I wheel myself out, feeling as helpless as ever because all I want to do is change but going up the stairs is impossible right now.

"Harry..your mom called," I hear Annette shout from the kitchen, the sound of the sink and dishes clinking around fills my ears.

When I'm finally in the kitchen I spot a sandwich at the table, cut into two pieces, a few chips along the side. From the size of my hunger it looks to me like a five star meal.

"What did she want," I ask, digging into the sandwich.

"She just wanted to know if you were still sleeping," Annette answers finishing up in the sink before drying off her hands.

"Did you tell her that the phone call with your boyfriend woke me up," I joke bitterly.

"Is this how you're going to be all day?" She questions with annoyance before sitting at the table across from me,"Louis isn't my boyfriend."

"Your friend," I repeat sarcastically.

"He's not my friend," She repeats, mocking my tone,"He's just my friend."

"Right," I mumble through a mouth full of sandwich.

"If I didn't know better I'd think you were jealous,"Annette then laughs, plucking a chip off my plate.

I continue eating instead of confirming the ever obvious accusation. I was jealous. I was so jealous because I had actually felt like Annette was a cool person..someone you actually needed in your life.

"Hey Harry," Annette says softly, reaching across the table to take another chip.

"What," I mumble with a mouth full.

"Louis and I could never be more than just friends..that's all we are," She says, her tone serious.

"It's none of my business..so," I shrug.

"He's my brother's boyfriend," She says, watching the shock wash across my face.

"Your brothers..boyfriend?" I nearly laugh. I was jealous of her brothers boyfriend! I hadn't even thought of the possibility that this guy was gay but with that being said I felt a newfound wave of relief. Things better Annette and I definitely felt more promising more. She was hot..so hot. It went without saying but the fact that she had a big heart with a personality and wit made her all the more appealing. I wanted to know her I really did. This wasn't just some rebound.

"I..I didn't know you had a brother," I say, hoping it compensate as a small sorry for being a jealous conclusive a** just now.

"Well..had a brother," She coughs deliberately, fiddling with her fingers on the table,"He um..he died from a drug over dose last summer."