[fifty two]

I look behind, and around me to make sure she's actually speaking to me. When I see everyone that's walking by is either paired off or listening to music, I realize she is offering me the ride.

I approach her car with caution, feeling extremely confused but also a little relieved. I didn't want to lose Annette's friendship and I'm sure Louis', but I knew that cheating had its price to pay so I was ready for it.

"Seriously, get in the car or we'll be late," Annette rushes me.

Even though it felt like trouble, I complied, opening the very same door I've done so many times before. It was so familiar, and that's really what gave my sleepy brain that push me to get in the car with the girl I cheated on. She wouldn't push me out of her moving car, or slap me or dump her warm Starbucks cup over my head. I knew Annette, she was my moon, I knew her.

I buckle up my seat belt once I've settled into the passenger seat, ready for whatever was coming next, because as well as I knew Annette, I didn't know for sure what she'd do next.

"So the other night.."Annette starts off saying, pulling back onto the road,"..we didn't exactly talk about..things."

"I understand completely why you hung up so suddenly..and I know I am the biggest *sshole for telling you over the phone but.." I begin to say.

"That's-not-what I want to talk about,"Annette cuts me off, gripping the wheel tighter.

"Why else would you want to even talk to me?I f*cked up. I f*cked this all up,"I remind her confused,"If you need closure then I can try to give it to you by explaining but don't think that you have to still tolerate me. You have every right to hate me and be angry with me."

"I don't hate you," She laughs nervously.

"I'm..so confused," I furrow my brows, looking at her.

"Believe me, you're not the only one," She sighs, looking forward, the school nearing closer in sight.

"Am I missing something?" I ask her, suddenly realizing that there was clearly something else going on here.

"Before I begin..I just..I hope you can listen to me and try to understand where I'm coming from and just..not judge me,"Annette tells me nervously looking over at me before looking back at the road where the school is nearing closer.

"I'm not exactly in a position to judge whatever it is you're going to say, but even if I was, believe me, I wouldn't judge you."

"Good," She takes a deep breath,"I just..this isn't easy to say.."

She lets her voice trail off, and it makes me even more anxious to know what she could possible have to say. I mean, I was the one who cheated so what the hell was going on.

"Okay, so..are you going to tell me?" I ask, trying not to sound pushy. But it had been a minute or two of silence..of me just staring at her waiting to hear what she had to say. By now we were already pulling into the schools parking lot, where students stood against their cars and their friends cars, while others made the dreaded walk to pick up their schedule from the alphabetized designated tables near the schools front entrance.

"Duh " She jokingly rolls her eyes trying to mask her nervousness while her hands shook slightly as she put the car in reverse to better position herself in a parking spot under a tree.

"Just..give me a sec."

After the car's settled and turned off, i unbuckle my seat belt and turn so that I'm facing her completely despite my discomfort since Annette has such a small car. She takes a deep breath, pulling the car keys out of the ignition before slowly turning herself to face me as well.