[fourteen]

[sorry for the lack of updates...ill be updating tmrw too so sorry if this is a little short & filllllller-ish.]

"Bub wake up," My mom says, tugging the blanket slightly before shaking my hand,"You have a guest."

I feel compelled to tell whoever is here to fuck off because I really want to sleep but I have a feeling my guest is Annette. After watching that awful movie and eating practically all the junk food in my house; she finally had to go home. Before she left she promised to show me a few places that she felt were scenic enough to photograph. I honestly didn't care if the places she took me to turned out to be crap because I know I'd have a good time with her.

I quickly realized why my mom wanted to set Annette and I up in the first place- she's exactly like me, just less of an asshole.

"Alright just tell them to come up," I answer in a hoarse voice, before clearing my throat.

I sit up slightly rubbing my cold forearms as my mom gives me a quick "okay" before heading back downstairs still wearing her scrubs meaning she must have just gotten home from work.

I hear a muffled, soft female voice answer to my mother as I stare straight ahead of me to my shut window. As the light foot steps climb up the stairs I hop out of bed and open my shades slightly to see if anything has changed.

But she's still gone.

She never came home last night, and I'm almost positive she's doing it on purpose. It seems like everything she does is never coincidental. She knows just how to play the game that no doubt has been happening for years. She must know of everything her father shouted last night after Annette left. I don't think I've ever heard Jonique's bastard of a father any angrier then he was last night.

"I'm not in there," I hear Jonique say from the doorway, still wearing the same dress from the party only this time she has a Nike running jacket over it.

"I haven't been home in two days," She says walking further into my room, her exhausted eyes and sallow skinned face heading in my direction.

I move my finger, allowing the shades to shut close as I feel my jaw tense but my heart flutter girlishly. Because wether I admit it or not, I wanted to see her, she was the one I was looking for through the window after all.

I have so many angry thoughts that I want to transcribe into words but as I watch her walk over to me-in Derek's jacket I'm sure, I can only focus on one thing and it sure as hell isn't anywhere close to what I should be saying.

"Then maybe you should go home,"I say trying to harden my tone.

"I can't," She says softly.

"Well what are you doing in my room," I sigh.It's as if my brain will not allow me to utter the angry words I had planned on saying when I saw her because it knows that I don't even really mean them.

"I came so you could take my picture," She says, as if it should have been obvious.

"Really?" I say with annoyance since a part of me had actually been expecting an apology of some sort since she just stood by watching me get owned over something I didn't even do.

"Well isn't that the only reason you're even bothering to talk to me?"

"No," I say, seeing as it was actually the reason I didn't want to talk to her.

"Of course," She says, shaking her head at me.

"Huh?" I say furrowing my brows,"Of course what?"

"Look. I know you're only trying to take my picture so you can sleep with me," She says up front, walking over to my bed before sitting, bouncing herself lightly.