[sixty five]

Please please please vote/comment! I really appreciate it.😊

I somehow wound up the courage to go back inside and continue to go through all these forgotten memories. I even go as far beginning to organize them.

I make piles-pictures of me and this woman in one place on the dirty floor, pictures of just me..pictures of me and my dad..

It goes on and on.

I make the piles until each and every picture is in a place. I feel myself grow tired..I knew I'd been at this for hours. All my crying had worn me out..all of this had worn me out.

I hadn't come up with any answers or any plan but these piles somehow made me feel better. Maybe it was just my love for photography and putting pictures in there rightful place that made this feel better.

The sun had  gone down hours ago..I push aside some of the cracked glass and thrown items, and let myself take the first voluntary sleep in days.

A cold breeze brushes across my slightly exposed back waking me.The vibration in my pocket further doing the job. With my eyes shut, I slightly move my hand into my pocket, sliding it out with my fingers, bring the brightly lit, ringing phone to my face.

It was the hospital.

I begin to feel annoyed, bothered really because my sleep was just interrupted from a call I had no intentions of taking. I stare at the screen until it stops ringing.

I put my phone on the carpet, closing my eyes again as I begin to adjust myself on the floor when it rings again.

"Ugh," I shout with annoyance. I pick it back up, while sitting myself upright in the same motion.

"Hello," I answer groggily.

"Harry, where are you," I recognize Dr. Montanez on the other line,"It's well past midnight."

"I was sleeping,"I mumble into the phone.

"We agreed you'd be sleeping here at the hospital with your mom, remember,"He says.

"I fell asleep working on this project,"I wasn't lying..this definitely felt like a project. It was missing pieces of my life but still.

"I would have called you sooner if I knew this was going to happen,"He sighs. I can tell he's frustrated. I was making him look bad in front of my mom but I didn't care. He didn't know my issues.

"So what, you want me to drive out there right now or something?" It was almost 2:30 in the morning, if he said yes, it wasn't happening.

"No, no of course not,"He answers,"It's late. Just go back to sleep and be careful.."

"What do you think will happen?" I question, annoyed. I could handle myself.

"You know what Harry,"He says sounding a little more serious,"It's not a bad thing to let people care about you."

I quickly hang up, not wanting to talk to him further. I close my eyes, adjusting myself on he floor again, trying to get comfortable.

A few empty minutes pass, and I begin to grow frustrated. I had a feeling I wouldn't be falling back to sleep anytime soon. I sigh, finally sitting up. I then stand up from the floor, looking around for the light switch.

I switch the flashlight on, on my phone, seeing around the room where I find the lamp smashed on the floor.

My plan to continue sorting the pictures isn't happening without light, so I figure I'll just go to my room, and finish this in the morning.

As I walk down the hall Dr. Montanez words echo in my head..what the hell did he mean? I didn't have issues with letting people care. Did I?

Waking up later that morning felt odd, I hadn't slept in my bed for what felt like forever.

I sit up, rubbing my eyes before staring blankly at the folder on my desk. The contest seemed like nothing now. I was somehow starting to regress back to my feelings of not even caring for photography.

I stand from the bed walking over to my desk, feeling at least a little grateful to have something to do today. I'd turn my contest entry in and maybe meet with Liam..or keep sorting pictures..

I honestly wasn't sure aside from turning my entry in.

I walk over to the front of my bedroom window, pulling it open, just thinking of everything that's happened Jo. It felt strange almost to think that she was now my girlfriend.

Was everyone's life so flipped or was it just me?

I turn away from the window, and put my hand on the folder, ready to review what have..I honestly couldn't even remember anymore..

I place my hand on the top of the folder feeling a sudden panic when I realize it feels much to empty.

I pick it up flipping it open to find an empty folder, I feel throwing up when I see the words written in that same familiar writing.

YOU WANT THESE BACK...CALL ME
562.213.7189