[sixty seven]

Once again, I fall asleep without really meaning to. Things were still falling apart and the only thing I really knew was that my mom wasn't my fucking mom.

I'm asleep and randomly dreaming vivid as hell! I look at my hands in front of me.

"This has to be real..."

The " cool " feeling i had has now turned into something terrible." But why?

My brain finally catches up.

I realize why my feelings changed.

It was all my...my...my mother.

It's like my dream was just filled with me, and every moment of my whole fucking life spent by my mom!

I mean Anne.

A brief memory from middle school graduation when my mom added a few leí on my neck made by her and her coworkers. And as we turn to get a photo together, the flash tosses me    Back to 2nd grade. I'm panting, sweat forming above my brow bone my pulse in my neck feeling like it's going to burst.

I'm cold. This is definitely the coldest I've ever been in my life..but I'm only in second grade. And the real me knows the future holds much darker and scarier cold nights. I take a step best trying to balance my self slightly as someone places something over my head and small body.

It's my mother's favorite sweater.

Her only sweater.

We ran out of the first gas station he stopped at.

And as we disappeared into the dark bushes and high vegetation I feel my shoes growing wetter by the moment. It had been raining the whole 3 hour car ride. H

"You can't just force us to drive cross country to Michigan to.." I hear my mom say with as much strength I'm sure she was slowly losing

"To  what huh? To what?!" My father slams his hand on the cabinet," Tell me, what you think I'm doing with my fucking family."

She's quiet and I almost flinch from instinct.

He's going to hit her.

He was letting her bruises heal for a lot less then before. He had already lost his job and knew he didn't need to keep up appearances during work parties with my mom. He knew no one would give a shit if he beat her till the point where she already knew better.

And as I begin to stumble trying to keep up with my mothers gripping hand, I realize my socks are so wet my skin feels like it's being rubbed uncomfortably.

"Keep..keep running baby! We have to keep running okay?" Her voice is so shaky something inside me helps give me the boost i need, my short legs picking up the pace.

She was scared. This was the moment I realized she was so scared and I also realized I had to be strong for her...for us.

This was the last time I would run from him. The last time I would let my mom run from him because we were going to get away this time.

Please comment message vote so I can update this again 😊