[forty four]

please make sure to vote & leave comments. really love to hear everyone's thoughts. 😊]

"If you're scared of heights why did you suggest we get on this thing?" I question, trying my best not to admire how beautifully angelic she looked with the Rays of light beaming around her head like a halo.

She lowers her hands from around her to carefully slide closer to me, stopping when there's just enough space for her prizes to fit in between us.

" I don't know," She shrugs, looking at me, then looking away.

"Whenever I'm with you it's like..I feel like I just want to try something new. I just feel like from the beginning things have just been..different with you,"She finally says softly, the Ferris wheel beginning to move slowly around again.

I'm speechless. I awkwardly look away, unsure of what to say. This was a hole that I was seconds away from falling into. I didn't know if I could get out this time though..I don't think I could, especially alone.

"Im sorry..I didn't mean to say something that would make you..uncomfortable.," She tells me timidly.

"No..no it's okay," I quickly tell her finding my voice,"It's just..I didn't expect you to say that."

"I really hope you see I've changed,"Jo pleads,"I've had time to really think and..and I don't want to be that person I use to be."

"No, no that's not what I mean," I lean a little closer to her,"I just mean that..I didn't expect you to say that because you make me feel the same way."

She had said before she trusted me and I just wanted to be honest with her. I wasn't going to put up the act again..I wasn't going to pretend she didn't phase me..because she did. She always did.

We sit in silence as the Ferris wheel's final turn comes to an end.

"That wasn't so bad," Jo breaks the silence as we pass the gates exit with her bag of prizes.

"What should we do next?" I ask, shamelessly taking her hand into mine.

Whether I wanted to or not, I had fallen into the hole, too distracted by the star..and it didn't matter to me-at least not right now.

"I don't know,"She smiles at me before looking away,"Oh look there's a photo booth, we could take pictures in it? You know since you love pictures."

"I love taking the pictures," I correct her,"I'm not big on getting my own picture taken."

"Seriously?" I nod and she smiles.

"Well that just means that's what we're doing next.Come on," She races toward it, pulling me behind her as she weaves through people. She draws back the light blue curtain to reveal a small wooden bench barely big enough for the two of us.

Jo slides on the side, digging around in her small purse. She smooths out a five dollar bill before putting it in the money slot, pushing the START button.

"You're not getting out of this," She laughs, pulling me in. I slide the curtain closed, sitting myself next to her on the bench as the machines robotic voice goes over the instructions.

"I'm just going to choose the plain background," Jo tells me as she skims past the multiple "sweetheart esque" bordered backgrounds.

"Get ready.." The robots voice says before counting down from three.

As the robot reaches one, I cover my face just as Jo tries to adjust her shirt after mumbling to herself that her boobs were practically falling out. They sorta were but I wasn't complaining.