[thirty three]

"Harry, just..relax for a minute. It's not that bad," Annette begins to say, looking up at me.

"Who the f*ck did this..who hit you," I shout, letting her know that this wasn't okay.

Annette is clearly hesitant, she breaks eye contact from me and fidgets with her fingers. I can tell she's debating on whether or not she should tell me the truth.

"Who hit you!"I shout again, making her jump slightly, her eyes looking up at me like puppy ready to be scolded.

"Just let it go it's nothing," She says back to me, trying to keep it together.

"Annette don't f*ck with me on this," I tell her warningly,"Tell me. Tell me now or I'm calling Louis."

"I got into a fight," She quickly says, I can tell she's being serious, and I feel myself relax slightly. I couldn't handle Annette getting abused..I just couldn't stand for it. But getting into a fight went she hit back..I wasn't much better but it was something.

"Why?" I question, softening my tone, reaching my hand out to touch hers,"Why would you get into a fight?"

"I..I was looking for something to wear for tomorrow at the mall and.."She begins to retell me, her jaw tensing, looking angry.

"And what?" I push.

"And I heard your old friends and some kids from school talking about you,"She admits, looking down,"I heard them saying these awful lies..and they were laughing. They didn't see me so at first I ignored it but then I heard her..I heard Jo."

"Jo? Are you sure?" I say, feeling my heart quicken. Memories from last night, hearing her voice makes me feel less crazy to know she's actually here. That I wasn't just hearing things.

"It was her,"She nods, continuing,"She was saying things like you practically raped her and that she had to leave town because of you..I was just so pissed hearing her lie like that. I don't even know what happened..I just..I lost it. One minute I'm looking at t-shirts and the next I'm on top of her punching her."

"Wait..so you fought Jo?"

"I don't know what I was thinking,"She nods,"I couldn't just stand there and let them talk sh*t like that about you. These are people we'll be in school with in the fall, they'll all think you're something you're not. I had to defend you."

"Annette..f*ck. I'm sorry you felt like you had to defend me and fight Jo about this," I begin to say, clasping her cheek gently, but she brushes me off.

"I did have to..I'm tired of her and all her stupid friends walking around like they can just ruin whoever they want,"Annette says with a serious face.

"But look at you," I tell her, eyeing her wounds.

"I'm fine,"She smiles,"You should see her."

"Harry, you're a good person and I'd gladly beat her *ss again over you,"She smirks, and I can't help but laugh.

"You won?" I can't help but ask.

"She mostly scratched at me, the only reason I got this.."She points at her eye,"..is because Sophia snaked me from behind with her elbow."

"From someone who talks a lot of sh*t, Jo sure cant back it up," Annette comments.

"What do you mean?" I ask. I guess it made sense since Jo was use to just taking it, she didn't fight back..I just assumed she'd take it out on others if she had the chance.

"When I confronted her she just kept running her mouth, yelling at me. But when I punched her she sorta just coward away from me."

Even though Annette had only fought her to defend me, it really weighed down my heart because I know what Jo's going through. She was use to the dynamic of being abused. No one deserves that.

As Annette and I got settled in, watching a movie with snacks like we always did, I couldn't stop thinking..wondering. Why the f*ck was Jo back? And more importantly why did she want to talk to me?