[five]

[i might not update tmrw because idk. I probably will though..knowing me. Haha • VOTE COMMENT PLEASE. 😊]

"Wait, but didn't you say you were going to the lake with friends?" I ask Liam before shoving another cookie in my mouth.

Some how we ended up sitting outside on my front porch with the sun just about to set,devouring the plate of cookies his mom brought over.Turns out gluten free isn't too bad especially since Liam's mom put chocolate chips, not raisins. And it also turns out that Liam isn't as bad as I thought.

"I lied. I was just trying to sound cool," Liam says wiping his mouth on the back of his hand.

"It didn't work," I joke.

"Like you're any cooler, stalker," He retorts.

"Ha-ha," I say, raising my middle finger in his face. I didn't expect Liam to understand what I was really doing, I didn't expect anyone to understand really.

The real reason I didn't want to just ask the girl if I could photograph her is because I didn't want to get too attached to her. I didn't want to interfere an attraction with the task at hand.

I'm no idiot, I know that if I spend all this time with her, taking her picture I'll no doubt catch feelings that I don't necessarily know what to do with, resulting in a fücked up portfolio.

Why would it be fucked up, you may ask. And it's quite simple.

I'm using her to tell a story and a message, a story and a message that may not necessarily apply to her, which could piss her off which would then result in me having to hear her opinion which would then cloud my own.

It's unnecessary.

"I better head home," Liam then says, standing to his feet, dusting the back of his blue jeans off,"If you change your mind about the lake just come to my house at ten, I can give you a ride there."

"I probably won't, but okay."

"Come on just come, you can take pictures of.." He starts to say looking in the direction of her house.

"How are you so sure she'll be there?" I cut him off, leaning back on my hands.

"She always goes to the Country Club Lake days, her boyfriend is a member and has a boat," Liam says.

"She has a boyfriend?" I ask, instantly regretting. I don't need to know these things, I don't need to know anything about her. This is what complicates your photos: real people you actually care for and their ever present real feelings.

"I think so.There's a guy with a Jeep that I always see her with, looks like they're together," Liam shrugs.

"Look who's the stalker now,"I say, trying to remember the car the guy from earlier was driving before quickly stopping. I don't care. I don't need to care.

"Yea, me, I'm the stalker," He says sarcastically,"So will you come? I really wanna go."

"I thought you were already going?" I ask.

"Nah, I never go because I don't want to sit out on my boat alone," Liam says,"If you come it'll be fun we could take pictures or something."

"I'll think about it alright?" I tell him, mentally deciding that I probably will go since there won't be anything to do. But he doesn't need to know that.

"I'll see you tomorrow then," Liam smiles, practically reading my mind, walking down the steps toward the sidewalk.

I sit with my legs bent apart, my elbows resting on my knees as I watch Liam walk home, his mom already waiting for him by the open window. I can already tell she doesn't like me from the looks she was giving me. This friendship should be fun.