[sixteen]

[please vote/comment.❤️ thank you all so much for 8K reads already! sorry updates have been slow. wattpad is making me mad...can't read any of my notifications /:]

I watch Jo from the awkward angle I have my chair in, waiting. She's laughing, and smiling, clearly speaking with someone who isn't her parents.

As I grow impatient, and practically finish the entire chicken to the bone, I decide to check my phone; something I haven't done all day.

I was too busy taking pictures and enjoying my time with Jo to be bothered with it.

"Shit," I mutter to myself when I see Annette's name on my screen.

Annette (10:38am) : what time should I swing by so we can go on our "adventure?" Let me know (:

(1) MISSED CALLS : Annette-10:57am

Annette (11:30am) : Harry?

Annette (1:56pm) : so I'm just going to go with you're ignoring me then...

I quickly dial Annette before hanging up.

What am I suppose to say?

Sorry I forgot we were suppose to hang out and sorry I couldn't reply I was too busy having fun with another girl.

Yea, no.

I place my phone back down onto the table and mindlessly pick at my chicken.

"Sorry about that," Jo smiles, placing her phone onto the table, picking up her hot dog,"It was Sophia. She said Liam was worrying about you."

"Why?"

"After last night, he actually thinks you're mad with him," Jo tells me wiping her mouth before another bite.

"I'm not," I reply. It's Derek I'm mad with, I think to myself.

"Good, because they'll be here soon to give us a ride home."

________________

"You sure you don't want to come over?" Liam asks me once more as I hop out of the car, extending my hand to Jo so that she can lower herself down.

"I just spent all day walking, all I wanna do is lay on my couch," I joke.

"Alright well i guess it's just you and me for twister tonight Sophia," Liam says, with a pout, clearly wanting me and Jo to join there game night.

"Can I come in?" Jo asks me, after we've said our goodbyes with Liam and Sophia.

"Yea, of course," I reply, leading the jway up the empty driveway since my mom had to work a late shift again. I unlock the door, pushing it open when I notice jo staring at her house, worried.

"Come in," I say, pulling her by the hand before she can changed her mind.

"Where's your mom?" She asks slipping off my hat, then my mom's shoes.

"Work."

"Your home alone a lot aren't you?"

"Sorta," I shrug, slumping myself down onto the couch.

"You're so lucky," She breaths sitting at the edge of the couch near me.

"Wanna watch tv?" I ask trying to change the subject. I want to have at least one day where she isn't plagued by her rough life.

___________

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask her. I had been simply staring at her relaxed features with the flashes of light coming off the tv making her look like a glowing angel.

"Thank you," She says softly, tilting her head at me,"Today was one of the best days I've had in years."

"It won't be the last," I say back leaning in closer to her, the warmth of her skin radiating into me when her hand brushes against my bare forearm,"I promise."

"Don't promise," She says, meeting me halfway, our lips grazing one another's,"You'll jinx it."

"I'll show you," I murmur against her lips before pressing them firmly on hers. The soft, familiar lips mold with my own and feel that same electric feeling I always do when we kiss.

Kissing Jo always gives me a feeling that I just can't ignore. As the kisses become much more deliberate, an involuntary sound slips from my mouth when she breaks away from the kiss. I opens eyes to see her looking at me in a way that drives me crazy, so when she climbs onto my lap, straddling me, I am completely at a loss for anything rational and correct.

[sorry im stopping here, I really wanted to update]