Chapter 2: The Haunting

I woke up by the sound of my alarm clock fiercely ringing. I didn't get much sleep last night. What I saw in my back garden was no trick, they were real. So real.
I staggered out of my bed wiping my eyes. I could here the sound of the TV downstairs. 'I'm never being you best friend again suzie!' Said a child voice from the TV. 'Peppa say your sorry please!' Said a much older voice. Oh no my little sister was watching Peppa Pig. Why is she so addicted to that program?
As I walked to my bedroom door pulling my dressing gown on I heard a thump behind me. I swirled round and saw a bunch of revision books on the floor. They must of fell of my shelf I wondered.
I walked into the kitchen and saw my sister eating a bowl of coco pops staring at the TV like she was hypnotised by it.
'Are you watching Peppa Pig again?' I asked.
'Yeah.' She answered.
Suddenly there was a clatter coming from the other side of the room (where the kitchen was) my eyes widened. The cupboard door was half open and loads of cutlery had fallen out of it and spread out all over the floor.
I went over and picked them all up.
'What's all this noise about?' Said mum coming into the room.
'Oh just a few things that's fell out the cupboard mum!' I said.
'Well after that you can go and tidy your room before you go to school Katie its a right state!' My mum moaned.
What is she on about I thought.
'Um..it's just a few books mum!' I sighed closing the cupboard.
'It's more than a few books Katie..go and look yourself!' She said as she made her way to the fridge.
'Right...?' I said clearly confused.
I do remember only a few books falling on the floor I have perfect memory! My mum did look serious though.
As I went to my bedroom and walked in my mouth dropped open and my eyebrows nearly reached to the top of my head.
Everything from my dressing table had fallen on the floor all my clothes were strewn all over the floor and more books are on the floor then I remember this morning. I had no idea what was going on. To be honest I couldn't even see the floor.
There must be a logical explanation for this. Maybe my dog has been more cheeky than I thought? Like I said...a logical explanation. That's all.

I was still in utter shock when I got to school and if things couldn't get any worse. I was late for 1st period. What luck.
'Katie Lord, your late.' The teacher said a slight anger in the tone of her voice.
'Yes sorry miss I was..um..helping my little sister to get ready for nursery!' I lied.
Infact I wasn't at all helping my sister that was my mum doing that job. I was tidying my really messy bedroom that I can't explain who messed it up.
'Alright sit down!' She said sounding more calm.
I made my way to a spare seat next to Tom.
'Hey.' He said smiling.
'Hi.' I sighed throwing my bag under the desk.
'You look tired, did you get sleep last night?' He asked.
I smiled at the thought that my boyfriend was actually worried about me.
'No not really.' I replied.
And then I thought to myself...should I tell Tom about the lights or keep it a secret. I'm not sure he would believe me but I decided to take a chance.
'Tom can I tell you something?' I said quietly so no one could hear.
'Yeah anything.' He replied back.
'Please promise don't tell anyone this, they will just laugh and think I'm crazy!' I said to him.
'Ok, what?' He said.
'Last night, I heard a noise from my back garden, I went downstairs to investigate and this bright light came from my conservatory door. I went outside and saw...these lights dancing around on my lawn, Tom they were like fairies. And soon as my dad came they disappeared.' I summarised.
I saw the look on Tom's face he was confused and looking at the table.
'Tom?' I asked.
'Are you sure what did the look like?' He asked.
'Just balls of light.' I replied.
Suddenly the teacher interrupted.
'I can hear talking!' She said looking directly at our side of the room.
'Now get your textbooks out please everyone!' She said.
I'm not sure if Tom believes me but it pretty sure it sounded like he did. Let's just hope he keeps my promise and doesn't tell anyone else.
Or I will be a laughing stock.