Chapter 40: Talks

For the rest of the day, I couldn't stop thinking about Jennifer and her psycho actions. What the hell happened to the copycat, dumb bitch? She's completely changed and it's really scary. We had lunch late as everyone was looking for Jennifer. I hardly ate anything because my appetite was going and I didn't really like what was on the menu anyway. I sighed and picked at my food with my fork. I could see Tom at the corner of my eye, watching me play with my food and he was probably concerned because I wasn't eating any of it but he surprisingly didn't say anything.

"So guys," Mr Fisher spoke up. "Tomorrow you'll be going canoeing and then in the afternoon you can spend time at the beach as its planned on the timetable."

I rolled my eyes and stared down at my plate of untouched dinner, I pushed it back and leaned back in my chair; folding my arms tightly against the chest.

"Aren't we having a disco or something tomorrow night as well?" Amy asks.

"Yes, Amy. We're calling up one of the DJs to come, as long as they haven't got another appointment." Mr Fisher explained.

"Don't tell me," Quinn broke in excitedly. "Martin Garrix."

Mr Fisher narrowed his eyes and stared at him in confusion. "Martin...garlic? Who?"

A few chuckles went round the table as Mr Fisher said that and Quinn pressed his lips together, obviously trying not to laugh.

"Martin Garrix, sir." He corrected, laughing after.

"Never heard of him, sorry, Quinn." Mr Fisher apologised, shrugging his shoulders.

I rolled my eyes as Mr Fisher went back onto the subject about who's going in which team for canoeing and who's been good enough so they could go to the disco. I was far too tired and already felt myself drift off in my seat. Mr Fishers voice was already starting to fade when I felt a sharp pain go through my side.

"Ow!" I snapped, seeing it was Quinn grinning at me. He obviously did one of his famous elbow nudges because you would know if Quinn elbowed you. It hurt. "What did you do that for?"

"You were falling asleep in your chair, Kat." Quinn chuckled.

"Whatever." I sighed, resting my hands on my forehead.

"Would you two like to share your conversation with the rest of the class?" Mr Fisher questions, looking straight at both me and Quinn.

I sighed and leaned back on my chair again, crossing my arms. "Nope."

"Well I suggest you be quiet then, while I'm talking." Mr Fisher snapped.

"Well I suggest, sir, in future, you don't but into any of MY private conversations with MY best friends, is that clear?" I questioned him, smirking.

A few laughs and 'oooohs' echoed round the table as Mr Fisher glared at me disappointingly.

"I'm not having this again, it was bad enough you coming in with purple highlights in your hair and a form of verbal abuse that followed after it." Mr Fisher retaliated.

I could sense this was going to be an heated argument between me and a science teacher. I was actually enjoying it to be honest.

I scoffed. "So what? That was in the past, why are you shit stirring about stuff that happened like a month ago now?"

Mr Fisher sighed. "I can't take anymore of this."

I leaned forward on the table. "Good."

"No it's not good, Katie! You are risking your chances of going to the disco." Mr Fisher snapped.