Chapter 11: Explanations are needed

The lift shuddered to a halt and the doors opened revealing the cafe ahead. I took a deep breath as I made my way towards the cafe scanning the room to try and look for Tom. I soon shifted my eyes to find Tom outside sitting on one of the seats running his hand through his hair. Carefully I made my way to him fast pace on my crutches and stopped in front of him. As soon as he saw me he sat up straight taking a deep breath in.
"Katie?"
"Why haven't I heard from you?" I asked limping my way to the seat opposite him and sitting down laying my crutches on the floor.
Tom stayed silent and then finally spoke up, "look I need to talk to you."
"Good, I need the truth and full explanations about, whatever you did before I went out cold." I demanded.
He sighed, "you heard everything."
"Just a bit, but I think I heard enough, it's just left me more confused than I already am." I told him sharply.
He scratched his temples awkwardly, "Katie, we can't talk here in the open, we need to talk outside."
"Fine." I sighed getting up slowly.
Tom rushed to my aid picking my crutches up for me. "Thanks." I said giving him a small smile.
We made our way outside and sat on the bench, I stared at him, "well? Explain."
"I need to tell you the truth anyway," Tom started, "I know this is going to sound crazy....but....Katie I'm a wizard."
I narrowed my eyebrows then immediately started laughing, "What? Are you having a laugh, stop, I'm asking you a question."
Tom stayed silent but his eyes were fixed on me.
"Tom did Quinn put you up to this, as a joke, because it really isn't funny." I laughed awkwardly as my smile started turning into a frown.
"Katie I'm telling the truth." Tom stated his eyes still fixed on mine.
My stomach churned, "please Tom, stop it...your scaring me now."
"Why would I lie about something like this?" Tom said.
"Oh my god...you really mean it don't you...?" I said slowly picking my crutches back up and standing up.
Tom nodded slowly.
"I have magic, Katie, I managed to get rid of the demon for you, hopefully it's gone for good." Tom told me calmly.
I breathed out, why was I hearing this? I wish I now never asked, but I was just to curious.
I quickly limped away on my crutches as fast as I could as Tom chased after me.
"Katie! Wait! Please!" Tom begged as he caught up with me and put his hand on my shoulder.
I stopped and turned around to face him, "Tom I need to think about this, half of me doesn't even believe you."
"I swear, I would never hurt you in my life, I just want you to trust me." Tom said.
"I'm going to need to see some proof." I said sighing.
"Ok." He said raising his fingers.
He muttered a few words that I couldn't understand and clicked his fingers as a cloud of different colours appeared in front of me. As the cloud went away a flower was revealed in his hands, he handed it to me smiling.
"Please Katie, all I want is for you to trust me." Tom pleaded.
I stared at the flower then looked up at him and gave him a smile, he might of lied to me since primary school but what did that matter? He was just the same wasn't he?
I reached out and hugged him tightly as he hugged back, no matter who he was or what he was, he was still the same Tom to me and nothing was going to change that.

After 2 weeks of staying in the hospital both me and mum was let out at the same time and dad came to pick us both up. As we came home my sister ran up to me wrapping her arms around my legs.
"Careful sweetheart, she's got a cast on." Dad told her picking her up.
"It's alright dad, I can't feel anything." I smiled.
"How's my special girl?" Grandad yelled running towards me and hugging me tight.
"I'm fine grandad." I told him hugging him back.
I came into the living room hopping on my crutches along with mum to see big banners saying 'Welcome Home' I smiled in delight as I came towards the table full of food and pop.
"This is amazing." I said.
"Me and daddy and grandad did it for you Katie as a surprise." My sister said with a grin.
"Well you did a very good job Ellie." I praised.

Another week passed and I was getting used to my crutches well, me and mum would usually have a race down the hallway to see who's the fastest on them. I was starting school again today and to be honest I was nervous because I was sure to get odd looks off people but what did that matter? I would have Tom, Quinn and Clara helping me as they know what I've been through especially Tom.
Dad drove me to school and I hopped my way out giving him a small wave, he drove off leaving me exposed in front of everyone outside the school gates.
I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Tom, "hey."
"Hey, you ready to go in?" Tom asks me.
I stayed silent for a moment an then nodded slowly, "sure, I'm ready."
I got stares from a few year 9s and 10s but most of them were sympathy stares.
"Here she is." Quinn said as we came through the entrance.
I chuckled slightly as he came towards me and hugged me, "how are the crutches?"
I pulled away limping back a little, "they're alright now, I suppose I'm getting used to them."
"Good." He said.
"Katieeeeee!" Someone screamed.
Clara was running towards me her arms open wide.
I rolled my eyes smiling, "Oh here we go."
She hugged me tight, "I missed you."
"I missed you too." I chuckled.
As she pulled away the bell went off for first lesson.
Tom's face lit up, "Katie, come on quick to science."
"Yeah come on quick." Quinn said spritely skidding up towards the corridors.
After having a mini race despite nearly banging into other students along the way we all made it to the science classroom except Clara as she had to go to dance.
We came in to see balloons everywhere.
"What's going on...?" I asked.
Then out of the blue all of my classmates popped up all over the classroom screaming, "Welcome back Katie."
I smiled widely.
"Surprise!" Quinn yelled.
Mr Fisher then popped out from under his desk waking towards us.
"Sir did you do this?" I asked.
"Well with help from your friends of course Katie." Mr Fisher said with a massive smile on his face.
"I thought I was just going to have a normal science lesson...." I started.
"Well you haven't been in school for weeks and when we heard that you were in hospital we wanted to plan something for you when you got let out." Mr Fisher explained.
"It's perfect, thanks sir." I thanked making my way towards the rest of my classmates.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
About half an hour into the mini party I sat at the side of the room looking at everyone chatting to each other, Tom came up next to me and smiled, "you do know that this was my idea.."
I grinned at him, "oh I had no idea." I chuckled sarcastically.
Tom's facial expression suddenly turned serious as he stared at me.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
He kept on staring at me, "she's...she's coming back for you, she never loses..."
I stared at him baffled, "Tom what the hell are you doing?!"
He suddenly snapped out of his daze looking confused, "what happened?"
"You just went all weird on me." I said getting more scared.
I turned my head towards the door and my blood ran cold as my breathing started to get heavier.
There she was.
She was never going to give up...