Chapter 25: Normal

For the past few days it's been a nightmare. But also, amazing. My demon went down for murder but she could easily just disappear back to the Neverside and the police apologised and released me on bail. I've been getting no bother from the demon at all and everything has been normal.

I rung the doorbell at Tom's house that Saturday and waited for his answer. When he answered his face immediately lit up. I never told him this but everytime he did that he looked so goddamn cute.

"Katie, come in." He said excitedly. Well someone's excited to see me. I smiled and stepped into his house; looking around it.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Tom asked.

I shook my head. "I'm fine thanks."

He took my hand and lead me to the bathroom door.

"Where are we going?" I asked chuckling.

"Somewhere I'm not really meant to go when my gran is out." Tom smirks.

I smile. Where was he taking me?

He knocked on the door twice. "Chamber of Crowe open to me reveal yourself on the knock of three." He knocked a third time and a sparkling sound was heard from inside. He smiled at me and opened the door which revealed a corridor that looked like something from Harry Potter. We walked in and I was lead to which looked like the main part of the chamber. I gazed at it and felt Tom hug me from behind.

"Well, do you like it?" Tom asked, leaning his chin on my shoulder.

"Like it? I flippin' love it," I said. "It's beautiful."

Tom kisses my temple and walked over to an ancient table which looked like it had a spell book on it and a load of potions. I walked over towards it and looked over at everything, a picture of a woman that looked in her thirties caught my eye. Carfully, I picked up the frame and stared at it. "Is that your mum?"

Tom looked up and saw the picture that I was holding and nodded smiling. "Yeah."

I bit my lip and placed the picture down back on the table. I looked up and saw Tom flicking through pages of what looked like the spell book. "What're you doing?"

"Well this is what I've been doing for the past few weeks, trying to get rid of that demon." Tom told me.

I came round over to him and laid my hand on his, closing the spell book. "There's no need, she's let me go."

"What if she hasn't?" Tom asked.

"Well it doesn't matter does it, because I don't care about her. I just don't want you getting hurt." I told him, my face coming close to his.

"Katie, I won't get hurt. I've dealt with everything that's been thrown at me, and look at me, still an absolute masterpiece." Tom joked, smirking.

I laughed. "For Christ's sake, Tom!"

"But what I'm trying to say is that I won't get hurt, I promise." Tom said.

I smiled at him. "Good." My face tilted closer to his and before I knew it my lips were gently on his. I had no idea how long the kiss went on for but our moment was ruined by an irritated sounding voice.

"Young master!"

Me and Tom broke apart and for a moment I thought I was going to jump, and run away to a different country. But instead of that I just stood there. Because standing there was Moon.