Chapter 15: Best Friend

I sat down on one of the stools and bit into my toast happily. I saw my reflection (or should I say twin) waltzing into the room with a kings park uniform on. Kelly then walked in just walking straight past my reflection, she made her way to the stool next to me until I slammed my hand on it. "This seats taken."

Kelly looked at me weirdly. "By who?"

"My um twin." I told her.

"You don't have a twin." Kelly said.

"Yes I do. Now back off and let her sit next to me." I yelled.

Kelly stared at me. "Your such a freak."

I ignored her as my reflection came and gladly took the seat. "Well, that was impressive."

"I do my best." I replied. I was still unaware that Kelly was still in the room, watching me have a deep conversation to my reflection about school.

"You've gone insane." Kelly interrupted before quickly exiting the room.

"What's her problem?" My reflection asked.

"I don't know, it's because she can't see you and she thinks I'm talking to nothing." I replied. "Can't I call you something else instead of my reflection...how about...Katy, but yours spelt with a 'y' instead of 'ie' what do you say?"

"Yeah I'd like that." Katy said.

"Well Katy it is then." I grinned, laughing as I bit into my toast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I made my way into school with Katy following behind me I was met by Tom and Clara.

"Oh hey guys." I greeted happily.

"Hey." Clara started. "Me and Tom think we've found a way to get rid of the demon for good."

My face fell slightly as I looked behind me and Katy having the exact same expression. She looked hurt and scared.

I but my lip hard. "Um....uh...I...er...don't need to talk right now bye!"

I quickly limped off quickly on my crutches past Tom and Clara who were looking completely shocked and confused.

"I don't want to be destroyed. I want to be at peace Katie. That's why I came to you and haunted you, I thought that maybe you would help me, you seemed kind. Please don't hurt me." Katy pleaded.

My face softened as my heart nearly dropped. "I won't hurt you, I promise."

"Thank you." Katy replied with a sweet smile on her face. I returned it gladly and we made our way to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wow, why are you revising? I'm bored, lets go have some fun." Katy begged.

I chuckled. "Sorry Katy, but I have to revise, I've got loads more exams coming up and they're really important."

Katy sighed rolling her eyes and head back. "Ugh, boring."

I pulled a smile. "I have to do it, but we'll go out later, how about that?"

"Yes, sure." Katy smiled.

Suddenly someone came in the room. The last person I wanted to see.

Quinn.

"Hi Katie. Who are you talking to?" He asked looking concerned and confused.

"No one, anyway why are you so concerned?" I snapped.

Quinn sighed. "Please can we talk."

I let out an angry puff and collected all my revision books, shoving them all in my bag.

"Please." Quinn pleaded.

I zipped my bag shut and flung it over my shoulder, I picked up my crutches and limped out quickly towards the classroom door.

"I'M SORRY! I'M SO SORRY KATIE! THAT I UPSET YOU." Quinn yelled making me stop in my tracks.

I blinked back tears and bit my lip as I turned so I was facing at him. "What could you possibly have to say to me? You hurt me, thinking everything's a joke, your so immature, do you think this is a joke?!" I pointed down to my crutches I was clutching onto tightly to keep my balance. "HM?!"

Quinn shook his head. "No, I feel so bad that you got hurt like that."

I scoffed. "Right course you do mate."

"KATIE! JUST, FORGIVE ME! PLEASE!" Quinn begged.

Tears filled my eyes. "I can't Quinn."

"WHY NOT?!" Quinn questioned.

"BECAUSE, I CAN'T! BYE QUINN!" I was about to turn away when Quinn called me back again. I only managed to turn my head away from him but my body was still left frozen to the spot.

"Katie, I've known you for god knows how long, I've always stood by you as your best friend, protected you, your like a sister to me, I don't want to lose you." Quinn told me, his light blue eyes filling with tears. God, I've never seen Quinn tear up like this before. It was only me though, I never knew I was that special to him, like a sister. Maybe I was to harsh on him. Tears blurred my vision as I felt one hot tear fall on my cheek and slowly roll down. I've been so stupid.

I dropped my crutches and school bag, limping as fast I could towards him, as soon as I reached him I hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry...I'm so, so, sorry."

I buried my face in his chest and started crying into his school jumper.

"It's okay Katie, hey, don't cry." Quinn said pulling me out of the hug. Suddenly my ankle fell limp and gave way, as I dropped down Quinn caught me under the legs and round my waist before I fell on the floor. "Jesus, you could've hurt yourself."

"Thank you." I thanked as he carried me over and picked my crutches up for me. He placed me gently back on the floor as I held onto my crutches tightly. "I'm sorry, I blamed you, your my best friend, best friends stick together right?"

"Like glue." Quinn added. I smiled and held my fist out as he fist bumped me chuckling.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go and play footy with the boys, I'll see you later yeah?" Quinn said.

I smiled. "Sure, I'll see you later."

Quinn returned the smile as he walked out. Katy folded her arms and glared at me, she didn't look impressed.

"What?" I snapped.

"Why did you make up with him?" Katy asked.

"Because he's my best friend, he's like a brother to me, he deserved that second chance." I told her firmly.

She sighed. "But-"

"No Katy!" I snapped, cutting her off. "He's my best friend, and don't you dare think about hurting him."

I made my way out of the door before hearing Katy muttering.

"We'll see about that."