Chapter 22: Return

For a moment, I couldn't move or speak. I even found it hard to breath at one point. He was alive? How?

"Q-Quinn.." I gasped out. He looked a bit different, his hair looked more of a darker blonde than usual, he was for some reason wearing glasses, they kind of suited him. Most of all, his eyes, the way he looked at me, lost and confused and also relived.

"I've missed you." He smiled.

I stared at him. "I-I've missed you too."

We kept staring at each other for a moment before I hugged him tight. "I thought you were dead, I thought I lost you, forever."

He hugged me back. "I missed you too Katie Kat."

"Don't ever do that to me again! Ok, everyone back home thinks your dead." I pulled out of the hug. "But your alive, your alive! Come on, we've got to tell everyone, they'll all be relived!" I pulled at his arm but he didn't seem to move. His face was straight and blank.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I can't go." He told me.

"What?" I asked. "That's ridiculous, your mum needs you, she loves you."

"And I love her, but I can't be there. In fact I'm not supposed to be in the city, I only came here to see you." He told me.

We decided to sit on the bench so we could talk about it better.

"It's been 3 days." I said.

"3 days of you all thinking I was dead." Quinn corrected.

I looked at him. "But why?"

"Your demon." Was all Quinn said.

I gulped, hard. "What about her?"

"She forced me into this, I woke up, it wasn't even a coma, the doctor got it wrong. Your demon, she told me if I don't convince the doctor to tell everyone I'm dead then she'll kill my mum, and everyone that I love and care about. The doctor was shocked at first but after a bit of convincing he agreed. Helped me get out of the hospital without being seen and I fled the city. The demon told me too, so I got my hair into a darker blonde, don't worry, I'm still blonde. A bit darker, and then I decided to wear these monstrosities, hated them at first but then I realised with my witting charm I can pull them off." Quinn explained.

"They suit you." I smiled. "But Tom said he and his gran destroyed her."

Quinn scoffed. "No, as soon as I left the city and made my little changes of appearance I was dragged to a weird place she calls the Neverside, I was stranded there for a day and I found this weird tree trunk thing and walked in it and before you know it I'm back at home again."

"And that's where that big light came from?" I asked.

"Yeah." He confirmed. "Look, I can't stay long. Because I will be dead when she finds me. But I want you to have this." He gave me a necklace. "I was saving this for later but seeing as you won't see me again..-"

"Don't say that." I interrupted.

"Despite the cameras, dad also gave me a necklace, he told me give to the girl that you trust the most, and that's you." Quinn told me.

I took the necklace, I had to say, it was beautiful. But why was he giving it to me? I wasn't that special to him, was I?

"It can be the only thing to remember me by." Quinn said.

I shook my head. "Quinn I can't take it, I'm sorry, because your staying, you have to stay. Everyone needs you and misses you."

"I can't! Your demon will kill you, Tom, my mum." Quinn said.