Chapter 19: Blame

"Wake up sleepyhead." A voice taunted in my ear, which was Quinn. I felt my body shake side to side but I pulled the covers over my head ignoring everything that was going on around me.

"Katie! You need to get up! You'll be late for school, I'm already ready." Quinn said.

"Shut up Quinn." I groaned.

"Get up, bitch!" Quinn started joking around.

I pulled the covers over my head and stared at Quinn. "Shut up."

"You need to get up." Quinn said.

"You don't understand Quinn, I can't go to school because then mum and dad will find out and then they'll wait at the end if the school day to get me." I explained.

"Yeah, but it's your life, don't let them boss you around like this." Quinn said. "Come on, you need to go."

I rolled my eyes. "Ok, you've twisted my arm."

Quinn grinned, taking my hand and pulling me off the bed. "Come on!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So, you ran away from home?" Tom asked, as me and Quinn explained what happened.

"Yes." I replied.

"But Katie this demon will follow you, wherever you go." Tom told me.

"I know that!" I snapped. "It's not about the demon, it's about my parents!"

"Because they basically think your crazy?" Tom asked.

I nodded sadly. "Exactly."

"Sorry Katie, I'm feeling this is my fault." Tom says as he stops walking.

"What, no." I argued, softly.

"It is, I'm so sorry Katie. I'm trying hard to see how I can get rid of the demon, but I can't and because of that your in so much danger." Tom told me.

"It's not your fault mate, don't blame yourself." Quinn chimed in.

"Quinn's right, this demon came out of nowhere and somehow chose me, so don't blame yourself." I told him.

Tom smiled at me. "You always see the positive side to things don't you?"

I smiled at him back. "Well that's me."

Quinn stared at us both. "Ugh, please it was bad enough when you." He pointed at me. "Kissed Tom on Halloween."

I rolled my eyes. "So?"

"So, I don't want to see that, it's gross." Quinn complained.

"Whatever, your just jealous because you don't have a girlfriend." I spat.

Quinn started walking away. "Yeah, that's what you think."

I widened my eyes. "Wait, what?!"

I shook my head and turned to back to Tom. "Anyway, you shouldn't put the blame on yourself."

Tom gave me a sad look before walking away. I was left there, standing on my own. What the hell?