Chapter 36: Peaceful

That night, I lay awake. I wasn't able to get any sleep all night so far. Jennifer was still missing, I was glad. She killed me but someone saved me. I told Tom not to, but Tom never did as he was told. I wanted to thank him though, for saving me, I was happy to be alive and well again.

"Katie?" Jazz asked, out of the blue. "You awake?"

"Yeah." I mumbled, my face still facing the plain wall in front of me.

"Why is Jennifer not here?" Jazz asks.

I wanted to tell Jazz about what Jennifer did but I was worried incase she would think I was some nut job or I was just having a laugh with her. So I lied.

"I don't know." I replied, quietly.

"Do you think she got sent home as well? For helping Cleo bully you?" Jazz asks.

"Maybe." I muttered.

"Or maybe she confessed to the teachers that she tried to attack you with a knife." Jazz says.

"If she did the trip would be called off by now." I mumbled.

"Still, I hate her and Cleo. I know Jennifer has got ADHD and we should be pitying her but I still think she's a fucking psychopath." Jazz grumbles.

"Yeah." I agreed, tiredly.

Jazz didn't say anything else after that which must of meant she just have fallen asleep. I shifted my head deeper into my pillow and rested my eyes and soon enough I slipped into a dreamworld...

***

That morning, I threw on a black jumper and black leggings and straightened my wavy hair all straight before grabbing the front parts of each side of my head to the middle. I raked it through with my fingers and grabbed two grips before gripping the front part in place.

"I can't do much with my hair," Jazz complains brushing it into a ponytail. "One: it's too short. Two: it's too thick."

I roll my eyes, fiddling with the ends of my hair as I look in the mirror I was holding up in front of my face. "I'm thinking about dip dying my hair."

Jazz snaps her body round. "Woah, what colour?"

"I'd say a light brown colour, maybe darker. Something to at least not make my hair look so bland. It's just black, I want to do something with it." I rambled on.

"I can see you with light brown hair. Like a whole head of light brown." Jazz comments.

"Really?" I questioned, looking back at the round mirror I was holding up. "Nah, I like to keep my dark side too." I winked at her.

Jazz chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Would Tom like it?"

I smiled. "I don't know, he'd certainly notice but he usually isn't bothered what I look like, he focuses more on me, like my personality. He loves it, yet he must focus on what I look like because he either calls me 'beautiful' or 'gorgeous' every day, even though I'm not."

"I hear wedding bells ringing." Jazz sings, pulling at her ponytail.

I grab out one of my hair clips and throw it at her. "Shut up, Jazz."

"What? I'm just speaking the truth," Jazz says, picking up my hair clip. "Oooh I like this thing."

"Yeah right." I chuckled, seriously Jazz is never really into makeup and hair stuff or dresses she's the girl that likes to get her hands dirty on a football field.