Chapter 46: Announcements & Deadly Wishes

Katie's POV
I slowly woke up the next morning to see my mum and Kelly staring at me, sympathetically. I quickly shot up from my  sleeping position and looked round the room in slight panic.

"What time is it? Where's Tom?" I question.

"He's gone, he told me." Mum starts to say.

I narrow my eyes at her. "What are you talking about?"

"Tom told me everything that's been going on, on Facebook. He was extremely worried about you, we all are." Mum explains.

Wait...Tom told my mum about everything that's been going on? I thought I trusted him. I mean my mum knew about the bullying on the trip but her knowing about the bullying online? I just didn't want her to know. Because I'll end up getting what I'm getting now. Pity. And I hate fucking pity, especially from my own fucking mother.

"I'm fine." I say, shrinking down against the headboard a little.

"I know you're trying to act like everything's okay, I've rung the school and told them what's happened, you won't be coming in today." Mum explains.

"We're always here for you, baby sis." Kelly smiles.

"That's good," I sarcastically smile. "Now get out."

"Katie..." Mum starts softly but I cut her off.

"I SAID GET OUT!" I scream. "NOW! JUST GET OUT OF MY ROOM! BOTH OF YOU! JUST GO AWAY!"

Mum and Kelly both looked extremely hurt but I didn't care. I didn't want their pity. I just wanted them to leave me alone. I get why Tom told my mum but he was just proof that I couldn't trust anyone.

***

Tom's POV
I was walking to school with Jazz and Quinn and we were discussing what's happened with Katie over the social media. It's not only on Facebook anymore, it's on Snapchat, Twitter and Instagram. Just all hate on Katie.

"We need to do something." I sigh, clutching onto my bag strap as we walked.

"What?" Jazz questions, staring at me like I've just killed someone. "Are you serious? If we end up doing something, we're gonna get the hate mob going after us, and I've got a reputation of social skills to keep and I am not risking that."

"But you'd risk Katie?" I question.

She sighs as her face softens. "I didn't say that, Hairdo."

"But Clarkey's right you know, we can't just do nothing. We've got to help Kat." Quinn breaks in.

"But what can we do?" I ask trying to think of an idea.

"We should start a campaign, try and get loads of people on our side, tell the rest of the haters that Kat's not a bad person," Quinn explains. "Tell them that it wasn't her, get Cleo to confess."

"Are you actually having a laugh? Okay, firstly Cleo is never going to confess even if we offer her a billion pounds. Secondly, everyone hates Katie, who's going to join our campaign? Lord Sugar?" Jazz questions sarcastically.

Quinn rolls his eyes. "You might have a point actually."

I sigh, shaking my head and staring down at the floor. "I just wish she was alright, I can't stand seeing her upset like this, this whole situation has torn her apart, it's destroying her slowly."