Chapter 42: My Fault

On the Friday morning, I was woken up by Jazz who was shaking me awake and screaming in my ear. Something about Jennifer and the disco?

"Kat! Get up!" Jazz yells in my ear.

I groan, rolling onto my stomach and burying my face in the pillow. I could hear Jazz again starting to ramble on about how bad I am about getting up in the mornings. I know I'm bad. I don't need reminded. Then she said something that I couldn't resist just jolting up from my sleeping position.

"Tom's on his way over."

"What?! What do you mean? What time is it? I'm not even dressed! He's going to see me in just a vest top and pyjama shorts! He'll laugh at me!" I panic, swatting my hands everywhere.

Jazz sighs. "Katie, it's 9:30, and yes you're not even dressed, and yes he is going to see you in a vest and pyjama shorts, and no he won't laugh at you because he loves you and he won't give an absolute shit what you wear. Oh...yes he's coming over he'll say he'll be 10 minutes...wait...that was 10 minutes ago..."

My eyes widen. "What?! Jazz!" I throw the covers off myself and scramble out of bed. I ended up stumbling and falling into some kind of golem position which sent Jazz off into hysterics. I shot her a glare and managed to get myself into a suitable neutral position.

"You only saw him at 2 this morning and you were wearing the exact same pyjamas." Jazz points out.

"But I don't like myself in the morning!" I snap.

Before I could even make my way to my own suitcase to grab my clothes there was a knock on the door. I froze on the spot and hear Jazz just laugh even more.

"Katie? Is it alright if I can come in?" Tom asks from outside the door.

"Um...I'm not exactly...dressed." I call back to him.

"Doesn't matter, I've got something for you." Tom says.

I sigh and rub my forehead. "Okay, fine, come in."

The door opens and Tom pops his head round the door as a sweet smile formed on his face. He creeps into the room and shuts the door behind him before displaying a bunch of flowers to me.

"Here you go." He says, passing them to me.

I take them and smile, staring at them. They were really pretty. "They're beautiful, thank you."

"No problem, did take me from 6 this morning till now to find them and gather them up." Tom tells me.

"You got up early, and spent this morning looking for a bunch of flowers...for me?" I ask.

"Of course," Tom smiles. "What else was I going to be doing?"

"Sleeping." I answered.

"Nah, making you happy is more important than my beauty sleep." Tom smiles.

I return the smile and give him a short kiss on the lips. "You're so sweet."

His face lights up. "You ready for canoeing?"

"Oh god, I forgot," I turned to Jazz who shrugs at me. "Ugh, I can't be bothered."