Chapter 29: Keeping Quiet

I started to wipe away the few remaining tears, Mrs Blake had asked us all back to the dining room but I ignored her. For another 10 minutes, I sat crying, hunched up and feeling useless. I didn't care if I was late for dinner. I didn't care about anything. I managed to pick myself up off the floor once again and stumbled over to the door. My cheek still had a lingering pain on it and it felt as if it was never going to go away. I let out a shaky sigh as I walked out of the room and shut the door behind me. I ran straight into the bathroom, not caring about dinner and looked at myself in the mirror. I was a complete mess. Due to Cleo ragging my hair it was all over the place like a sloppy bun that was halfway down my head. My eyes were all red and puffy and looked slightly bloodshot as well. Bad move wearing mascara, I literally looked like a fucking panda.

Slowly I turned on the tap and ran my hands under it; feeling the cold water bounce off my skin. I cupped the water and brung it up to my face, gradually washing it. I wiped away all the black mascara off my face and looked back up myself. I turned off the tap and grabbed a towel from the rack. I rubbed my face, violently on it before throwing it back on the rack carelessly. I looked at myself, I looked better. I didn't look like a panda anymore which was a relief. I nodded and ran back into my dorm. Violently, I started to rummage through my backpack until I found my makeup bag. I scrambled back up to my feet and ran back into the bathroom.

I decided that I wasn't going to get brung down by this. To make sure I definitely looked like I hadn't been crying I redid my makeup and retied my hair into a more neater bun before running back into my dorm to pack my makeup bag away. I checked the time on my watch and shit I was like 20 minutes late. I've literally missed most of dinner time. I sprinted out into the hallway and ran to the door, remembering the passcode.

4587

The door clicked open and I ran out quickly and sprinted towards the main door before running into the dinner hall. I saw that some students had already finished their dinners and was just talking amongst themselves. I walked over to where Tom was sat and his face immediately lit up when he saw me.

"Hey, where've you been? Everybody's been worried, Mr Fisher has just gone to look for you now." Tom tells me.

Great.

"Sorry, did I worry you?" I asked anxiously.

Tom smiled. "Yeah, kind of. Thought something had happened to you."

I smiled. "I'm fine."

"You've missed your dinner, are you hungry?" Tom asked me.

I nodded. "A little." I wasn't exactly lying when I said I was little bit hungry but something had made me suddenly stop wanting to eat but my stomach wasn't that strong and was making really weird noises.

Tom gestured me towards him. "Come here, princess."

I liked my new nickname Tom had made for me. Princess. Only because he made me feel like one. He made me feel special and wanted and always treated me like one.

I walked over to him and as soon as I reached him he wrapped his arms round my waist and pulled me down onto his lap gently. He then pushed his plate over to me and my stomach churned. It was one of my favourite desserts. Arctic roll. It looked like Tom had only eaten a little bit and gave up.

"I don't want it, I know this is your favourite so you can have the rest." He smiled.

I returned the smile and took the plate gladly, I picked up the spoon and started to eat it, happily. Tom seemed to enjoy seeing me stuff my face with this delicious food.

"Thought you'd like it." Tom chuckled.

I looked at him and smiled. "So what did you do when I was absent?"