Chapter 38: Missing

Me and Tom had to come back from the beach as Mr Fisher had called us in as a matter of great urgency. The whole way back me and Tom were just wandering what the great urgency could be. As we eventually made it back we were the last ones in. Everyone was gathered in the hall way and I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

Everybody's expressions just looked as confused as me and Tom's were and Mr Fisher gave a nervous glance to Mrs Blake.

"Well, as some of you know we've been asking the whereabouts of where Jennifer might be. By the looks of it she disappeared last night. She's not come back since." Mr Fisher announced.

"Good," Tom muttered. "I hope she's drowning in the sea."

I slapped him in the arm and shook my head at him.

"Tom, now is not the time for making jokes. This is a serious matter." Mrs Blake snapped, obviously overhearing what Tom had said.

Tom rolled his eyes at her and folded his arms.

"Now, I know you were all going to have a relaxing day but we really need to find Jennifer. You all know that she is a troubled child. She's been in and out of care homes most of her life and she needs someone there for her." Mr Fisher explained.

"But she's a psycho." Quinn cut in.

"Quinn, for gods sake, have you listened to a word I've just said?!" Mrs Blake questions.

Everyone turns their heads in unison and stares at her in shock. She was obviously pretty stressed out about the situation. I mean it was quite serious, a kid with mental issues has gone missing. Who knows what she could do. I wasn't really worried about her particularly; I was more worried about the other people who worked and lived here.

"Just help us out, you're welcome to look anywhere round the town, near the beach, near the zoo and near the castle. Please, just try your best to find her. She's vulnerable." Mr Fisher told us, trying to keep calm about the situation.

I could see Tom's face harden and fists clench but I gently grabbed his wrist to calm him down. Thankfully he manages to keep cool and his face softens.

"Everyone you have till six to look for her." Mr Fisher tell us.

Everyone soon walks out of the building and splits off into different directions to look for except from me and Tom. Especially Tom because he really couldn't give a shit where Jennifer was.

He started to walk up the stairs but was stopped by Mr Fisher.

"And where do you think your going, Mr Clarke?" He questions.

Tom stares at him and let's out a scoff. "I'm not looking for her if that's what you want me to do."

"It's exactly what I want you to do?" Mr Fisher snaps.

Tom laughs. "You're so blind, sir. You don't know half the things she's done to Katie."

"Tom, no." I broke in, sternly.

"He deserves to know!" Tom snapped. "You need to stop hiding things, Katie! Grow up, Jennifer tried to attack you with a knife and you prefer to keep it hidden!"

It kind of hurt a bit, that Tom snapped at me like that. Telling me I needed to grow up. I didn't want Mr Fisher knowing because I could've handled it. I shook my head at Tom and brushed past him before running up towards the girls side.

I could hear Tom calling me back but by then I was already out of sight.

***