Chapter 14: Accepting

"Wow, I didn't even need to possess you and your already driving your close friends away." My reflection droned as I hunched myself up on the sofa.

"Shut up, yeah? Just leave me the hell alone. I don't want to talk about it." I snapped back resting my chin on my knees and rocking back and forth a little.

"Instead of war, we should work together. Me and you." My reflection offered.

I laughed. "What? Are you crazy? No way. Your just trouble."

"Come on, I'll stop pestering you if you join me." She protests.

I shake my head. Suddenly there's a knock on the door before I can even reply. I roll my eyes picking up my crutches and limping up.

"Don't answer it." My reflection demands.

I smirk turning my head. "Why?"

"Because I don't want you getting hurt." She replied.

"Right. Course you don't." I pointed out shifting my eyes down to my crutches.

She sighed and I limped my way out of the room. I opened the front door and there stood Tom.

"Great. Lover boys here." My reflection scoffed.

"Shut the hell up! Give me some space! NOW!" I yelled.

She raised her eyebrows and suddenly disappeared as soon as I blinked my eyes. I sighed and stared back at Tom who's eyes were widened.

"Sorry about that." I apologised allowing him into the house.

"Demon?" Tom asked.

I nodded and shut the front door. "She won't leave me alone."

"I'll get rid of her I promise. Me, Clara and Quinn have got your backs." Tom reassured. My heart started racing at the mention of Quinn's name.

"Tom. I'm not speaking to Quinn." I admitted sadly.

"Why?" Tom asked.

I sighed angrily. "It's just that he never takes things seriously enough, he's always joking about. He was laughing in my face before. I can't deal with that."

"Are you sure you can't just make up with him?" Tom asked.

"No Tom! I can't. I just can't. I can't." I repeated myself. "I'm just stuck on these stupid crutches, I'm helpless, I can't do anything anymore. I just feel that I'm a waste of life. I want to give up. I just want to give up."

Tears welled up in my eyes. Tom must of noticed this because he brung me into a tight hug. I was always much smaller compared to him, I always reached his chest but I didn't mind because he always made me feel safe.

"You'll make up soon. Both of you. And your not useless. Why do you think that?" He asked as he pulled out of the hug slightly but still had grip on me. I shook my head and turned it, avoiding his gaze.

He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear so it was out of my face. "We can beat this demon. I promise. Wizards always win."

I looked up into his eyes and smiled hopefully at him. Maybe he was right, he always won before. He said he did. So he could win this time. Right?

When I snapped out of my thoughts I realised how close we were. I felt myself lean closer to him and then kissed him. Of course he kissed me back. After a few seconds he pulled away first and he smiled.

I chuckled awkwardly. "Sorry."

"No it's fine, I'm glad it happened." Tom said.

I looked at him and giggled trying not to embarrass myself in front of him. Well it wouldn't be the first time.

"Do you want to go out somewhere?" Tom asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I mean I've just been to the cafe so-"

"No. How about I take you to the movies." Tom suggested.

I smiled. "Ok, I'm in."

"I'm buying the popcorn though. No arguments." Tom chuckled.

I grinned. "Ok. Come on then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me and Tom ended up watching 'London has Fallen' the new action movie that had just come out. It would do us good watching an action movie. If we were going to take on a demon.

As we came out of the cinema I looked at him and smiled. "Thanks. I really needed that. Just to forget about everything for once."

Tom smiled. "I'm glad it helped."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up at precisely 1:30am in the morning.

I couldn't sleep.

"Katie? It's me again. Have you thought about my request?" A voice asked.

I didn't even move or turn my head from my position; I could hear her though. Very clearly.

"Yes." I replied.

"And?"

"No. I can't go round making trouble again."

"Do you want me to haunt you for the rest of your life?" My reflection asked.

Tears filled up my eyes. She was never going to leave me alone. Maybe I don't have a choice.

"No." My voice cracked slightly as a tear rolled diagonally across my face.

Why was I crying? It was just a demon? A magic one that comes from a place called 'The Neverside' why is it making me cry?

"But you've already drove Quinn away. And that was you. Not me." She exclaimed.

"No." I snapped. "That was him. It was his fault. It always had been his fault."

"Wow. Look, all I want is us to be friends." She requested hopefully.

I scoffed. "Are you having a laugh. Your a demon and your asking me to be friends with you. Pfft. Get a life."

"Look. I won't bother you like I usually would. We can cause trouble together, muck about. I look and sound like you Katie. I'm like a twin to you. Please." She pleaded.

I sat up and looked at her. It was like looking into a mirror, maybe if I would accept her offer she would stop pestering me. She would leave me alone. And we could be like twins. I've always wanted twin anyway. The only problem was I could only see her. No one else could see her but me. But what did that matter?

I took in a deep breath as she kept staring at me; probably hoping my answer will be a yes.

"Ok. I accept your offer."