Chapter 13: Torn

"Quinn, I can't do this anymore." I admitted biting my bottom lip and resting my head in my hands.

Quinn observed the park and then turned his head back to me putting his arm around me. "Your doing really well, and we'll get rid of the demon, me and Tom will be there for you, every step of the way."

I smiled. "Thank you, I thought you'd be angry at me because I made a right show of myself on the bus and in Costa."

"That doesn't matter, you don't need to keep blaming yourself, don't give up now." Quinn says.

"You know, for football obsessive and someone who hates nerds and geeks, your actually pretty wise and smart." I smirked.

Quinn raised his eyebrows. "Are you calling me a geek?"

I laughed. "No...um...yeah."

"Cheers." Quinn said sarcastically.

"Your welcome." I replied nudging his shoulder a little and giggling at the same time.

"We need to go to Tom's soon. Sort out this bitch once and for all." Quinn said making me laugh.

"You do know this bitch is exactly like me." I pointed out grinning at him.

"Yeah, but her personality and attitude stinks. Bitch needs to learn some manners." Quinn said.

"Thanks for being here for me, no one else would usually have the guts to take on a demon with their best friend. Plus you forgave me after what happened with the possess thing." I said.

"No worries, and I was a bit of an idiot. Your my best friend. Like a sister. Only more annoying." Quinn joked.

I slapped him on the arm playfully. "Oi!"

"But, every girl needs a guy best friend right?" Quinn said.

"Not necessarily, but in this case, yeah. You've been my best friend for as long as I can remember. You won't give up on me that easily." I replied as my face softened again.

"Right, enough of this mushy, teenage slush crap. We need to get in fighting this bitch of a demon." Quinn said removing his arm from around me and standing up. I picked up my crutches and started making my way with Quinn out of the park.

"So what do we do?" I asked. "We don't always have to go to Tom for help you know, just because he's a wizard."

"Yeah, but he can use all his magic powers to fight off the demon, a bit like Harry Potter and Voldemort." Quinn said.

I narrowed her eyes. "Seriously, your comparing Tom and my demon to Harry Potter and Voldemort?"

"Yeah, your demon and Voldemort are evil and they both cause a whole lot of grief. Tom is a wizard hero and so is Harry!" Quinn stated.

"I suppose. But I think Tom would much more appreciate it if you compared him with Luke Skywalker from Star Wars. Because he also fights off aliens." I pointed out.

"Oh yeah, well, just call me Chewie." Quinn said.

I laughed. "So plan, what do we do to get rid of the demon?"

"We bomb her." Quinn said excitedly.

"Bit out of the question, where are we going to find grenades, think more realistic here Quinn." I said.

Quinn was silent for a moment trying to think of ideas when suddenly his eyes widened. "How about we get some baseball bats and beat the crap out of her with them."