Chapter 21: Quinn?

Unfortunately I had to go back to school, my parents ended up forcing me. As dad pulled up at the school and stopped the car he looked at me. I was sat there, silent. I've not been speaking much, I was in too much shock. I felt dads hand rest on mine.

"Sweetheart, I know the news about Quinn came to a shock for all of us, but it'll get better." He reassured.

I felt tears well up in my eyes. "How?"

"You'll gradually get better, but it'll take time." Dad tells me.

"How will anything get better. Nothing will ever be ok again. He's gone dad. My best friend...my brother...he's gone and there's nothing I can do..." I took in a deep breath, trying hard to fight back the tears. "See you later dad."

I stepped out of the car, grabbing my school bag and slamming the door, not even waving bye to my dad.

As I walked into school I was soon bombarded with questions from everyone. Most of the questions were are you ok? I couldn't handle too many questions so I just tried to dodge everyone and find a quiet place of my own.

"Katie? In here." A voice said.

It was Tom, I followed him into the quite room, you can't make any noises in there and it was somewhere where you can be quiet and think. Tom grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me into the classroom, closing the door.

"Tom, why are we in here?" I asked.

Tom sat against the wall; picking up something from the floor.

I immediately recognised it and sat next to him. "Is that...our photo album?"

Tom nodded. "Of me, you and Quinn. And then recent ones, with Benny."

Tom passed me the book and I started looking through all the photos, they started right from when we were in year 3. I smiled at some of the photos, as I got further into the book I could see the older we were getting. I stopped as I swallowed hard, all those memories just reminded me of what I lost. I sniffled as I feel tears rolling down my face. I felt Tom's arm wrap round my shoulders. "You can stop if you want, if it's getting too upsetting."

I sniffled. "It's just, we could have had so much more fun, as friends, we had so much fun together, all those treasured moments, ever since the start, causing mischief joking about how much Benny blew up the science classrooms. He was like a brother to me, and that bitch killed him."

"It'll get better. I promise you." Tom told me quietly.

I looked up at him. "What if it doesn't?"

"It will, I never got over my mums death, I never will, but you know, they'll always be there, even if they aren't exactly living, they'll always be there. In your heart, where you can keep those memories locked and safe." Tom told me.

"When did you become so...wise?" I asked.

Tom shrugged. "I don't know, I always kept telling myself things when mum died. Quinn was a joy to our friendship, there was a never a dull moment when hung round with him."

I chuckled. "No, there wasn't."

"I've got a feeling Katie...just a weird feeling...that..." Tom paused.

"He's still alive." I finished.

He looked hopefully at me. "Yeah, but he was dead the doctors confirmed it, so why would they lie?"

"I don't know." I replied. Maybe they did lie. Someone set them up. Maybe Quinn was still out there and he somehow convinced the doctors to tell everyone that he was dead.

Me and Tom quickly stood up and I looked at him, I suddenly smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you!"

"What for?" He asked as I started to run out of the room.

"He's not dead, he can't be!" I yelled as I quickly exited out of the room.

-----
The whole day I had been thinking about Quinn's 'death' he couldn't be dead. Someone was messing around. I had been doing some research the whole day, but it all got confusing. That night I walked through the park, it was cold. As it was it was November. I pushed my grey beanie hat further down my straight black hair slightly and then slipped my hands into my long woolly cardigan.

I was starting to quicken my pace until I saw a bright flash from in the trees. I covered my eyes slightly at the brightness and raised them down as soon as I noticed a silhouette run out of it. I could see the figure starting to walk closer to me and I stopped walking as it came closer. I started to recognise the figure. For a moment I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me. Blonde hair. Brown thin coat. The figure stopped in front of me and for a moment I felt my heart stop beating.

"Quinn?"