Chapter 39: Breaking Point

"We've found her!" Lola yelled as her and her friend stumbled through the doors with Jennifer trailing behind them.

"Thank god, Jennifer are you alright?" Mrs Blake asked.

"I'm fine." Jennifer snapped.

I rolled my eyes and our eyes locked for a second. She stared at me, her eyes showing so much hatred but confusion. She was obviously thinking about how I survived because even she knew that the wound was fatal. I decided that I didn't want to look at her anymore and walked away back up to my dorm, but I hear a pair of feet following me. As I walked down the hallway I felt someone gently grab my wrist and I gasped.

I turned round and sighed with relief when I saw it was just Tom.

"It's just me, I just wanted to ask if you were still mad at me?" He asked.

I folded my arms and nodded. "We're fine, why are you asking?"

He rolled his eyes. "You just seem snappy with me, Katie!"

I sighed. "Just leave it, yeah."

"No, I won't. Please just..." He was lost for words to say and he looked down at the floor.

I felt a bit a bad for upsetting him like this so I lifted up his chin with my index finger and then cupped his cheek and smiled at him. "I told you, I'm not mad. I'm sorry for being snappy, it's just...Jennifer's back."

"But not for long. Mr Fisher said he's going to send her straight home once she's come back." Tom said, grabbing my hand off his cheek and kissing the back of it. He holds it up after that, smiling at me intently.

"Thank you." I said.

"What for?" He asked.

"For being my hero." I smiled.

He returned the smile and rested his forehead against mine. "I wasn't going to let her hurt you again, you mean too much to me."

"I know." I smiled.

"Hello, Katie," a voice broke in, making me and Tom immediately break apart. "See you look alive and well."

To my horror it's Jennifer, she looks horrifically pale and there was black bags hanging under her eyes. She started mumbling words that were incoherent but the 1 word seemed to stand out to me the most. It really scared me.

Murder.

Okay, she killed me. Now she wanted to kill me again? I glanced over at Tom and gave him a worried look.

"Get away from her, Jennifer." Tom demanded, sternly.

All she did was pull a sickly, mad smile. Then she started laughing like a maniac. Tears filled my eyes as I stared at her, staying right close to Tom so I at least felt safe with someone who knows stuff about magic.

Only Jennifer did look possessed but I suppose that was just her being her normal self.

"I thought you died, I thought I killed you.." She trails off as she starts to stumble towards me like some kind of zombie.

"You didn't!" I snapped.

"My memory is actually quite impressive and I think I remember that you got stabbed." She says.

I'd given up by then. I couldn't tell her about everything that happened with the demon. And I don't think we could ever trust her with Tom's secret, no way.

"Maybe, it was just your imagination." Tom smirks.

"No, don't try and make me look an idiot, Tom Clarke. She was dying, and I did it." She starts to laugh hysterically again like it was a fucking joke. I don't see anyone else laughing except her.

"You're crazy." I cut in, making her immediately stop laughing and snap her head at me, locking her eyes onto mine. Her eyes showed hatred, darkness. The Jennifer I knew when we first came on the trip was a dumb, copying bitch, but since Cleo left...she's become more...evil.

She starts to slowly walk up to me and luckily Tom steps in holding my wrists and walking back.

"You stay away from her...or you'll regret it." Tom warns.

"Oooh, will I now?" Jennifer asks, mocking him completely.

I looked at her and shook my head, tears filling my eyes.

"Awww," she pouts. "She's crying."

I didn't want to cry, but it was getting to the point I couldn't take it anymore. I've been going through demons and being possessed for ages now. I was hitting breaking point.

"I know I stabbed you..." She trails off.

"Leave me alone!" I cried.

"Why should I?" Jennifer questions.

I didn't reply.

"Just fucking leave her, Jennifer!" Tom snaps, snidely.

"No! I don't understand why she isn't dead!" Jennifer screams.

A tear lightly dropped on my cheek. How did she get so selfish and evil? What was wrong with her?

"SAY ANYTHING AGAIN AND I SWEAR YOU'L REGRET EVER TRYING ANYTHING TO KATIE! DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND ME?" Tom questioned.

Jennifer only smirked before walking out of sight.

I sighed and leant my forehead on Tom's arm, sniffling.

"Hey, your alright now, I got rid of her." Tom told me.

I shook my head, looking back up at him. "No you don't understand, I can't do this anymore, this has been happening for ages and it's breaking me, Tom. I'm at breaking point. Even if my demon did save me there's still Jennifer, and she's not going to rest until her job is done...she's never done anything like this before...so why now? What's changed her?"

"Katie, hun, look I'll take care of her. You leave her to me, she's not going to hurt you and she's not going to get away with this," Tom smiles. "Come here."

He opens his arms out and I immediately hug him, wrapping my arms round his waist while he simply wrapped his arms round me; making me feel safe and secure in his arms.

"Thank you." I mumbled into his chest.

He kissed the top of my head, making me smile. "She won't get away with what she did to you, princess. I'll make sure of that..."