Chapter 43: Compliments & Reassurance

I walk back into the disco with Amy by my side. She still looked as if she had been crying but we were going to use a different excuse if Quinn asked.

"Amy!" Quinn exclaims, running up towards us.

Amy tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and awkwardly smiles. "Hi."

"What was wrong with you before? Are you okay? Have you been crying." Quinn starts to ask her.

"I'm fine, it's just um...someone being idiot...nothing you need to worry about...I'm sorry I ignored you." Amy says.

Quinn nods and smiles. "It's fine, come here."

He opens his arms out and Amy immediately goes in to hug him, burying her head in the crook of his neck. I smile, only a little. Because I know good things don't last. Plus, it's my fault Amy got attacked by Jennifer.

"Katie," Tom comes into view, grabbing my hand. "Come, I wanna give you something."

I look at him and smile as he pulls me over outside and shuts the door behind him so we can only hear the music from inside faintly. It was freezing but I was in a woolly cardigan so it wasn't that bad. Tom, on the other hand, only had T-shirt on, it was long sleeved but it was thin so he must be freezing.

We sit down on the bench that was against the wall and I chuckle at him. "Aren't you cold?"

"A bit," Tom smiles. "But that doesn't matter, here."

He passes me a folded up piece of paper and I glance at him narrowing my eyes. "What's this?"

"Just open it." Tom orders softly.

I smile and unfold the paper to see a drawing, a really good drawing, of a girl. She had wavy hair like mine, part of it folded behind her ear on the left hand side. This girl looked beautiful. Who is she though?

"Who's that?" I ask him, studying the picture.

"It's you, Katie." Tom tells me.

Wait, so Tom drew this amazing picture...of me. It can't be me though. I didn't believe it was me.

"Are you sure I don't look like that?" I ask him, pointing to a random tree in the forest in front of us.

Tom laughs, shaking his head. "No, Katie. I drew you, that's you in the picture."

"It's not, this girl is far more beautiful." I say in disbelief.

"Well, that's how I see you." Tom tells me, making me snap my head up at him and stare at him.

Our eyes lock and for a few moments were staring at each other intently. Then Tom starts to lean in and I feel myself leaning towards him also. When I kiss Tom, it's usually careless kisses, some quick peck on the lips and a smile and sometimes when it's like this, the kisses are more slow, gentle and much more passionate. I feel myself smile just as my lips reach Tom's. I felt his hand cup my cheek and his other hand resting on mine. The kiss lasted for about 10 seconds until I slowly pulled away and looked back down at the drawing Tom drew of me.

Tom's looking down as well, his fingers starting to lace through mine. I smile again and this time it wasn't a fake smile, this one was real. Purely real.

"Katie," Tom lifts my chin so I'm looking into his eyes again. "You're beautiful, don't let anyone tell you different, okay?"

I nod. "Sure, thank you."

"Now, come on, stand up." Tom says, standing up.

"Why?" I ask.

"Just..." Tom pauses so he could pull me off the bench; making me squeal as I stumbled into him. He laughs and flashes a smile at me as he places his left hand on my waist. He's still holding my hand with his spare one and he deeply smiles at me as I lift my other hand up and rest it on his shoulder.