Chapter 34: Demons can be Angels

Tom's POV
The last thing she said.

"I love you...Tom Clarke."

It broke my heart. That's it, my heart was broken. I don't think it could ever mend. My girlfriend was dead. She couldn't hold on. Not even for me. I think she tried, but physically couldn't. I broke down into tears I cradled her in my arms resting my forehead against her pale one. I've never cried so much in my life. She had so much more to live for. She was so perfect. She was ambitious, brave, beautiful and loveable. She'd bring happiness into so many people's lives by only just a smile. I looked up at her for a moment, even though she was dead she still looked so beautiful and peaceful. At least her pain and suffering had ended.

I still wanted her back. I needed her. She kept me strong in so many different ways. I cried harder as I stroked her hair and cheek. Who did this to her? They were going to pay. They don't know how much they've angered me. I still couldn't believe it. I still didn't believe that my girl was dead? Why her? I would gladly give my life to let her live again.

"Clarkey?" Someone chorused from outside the room.

Quinn. Shit. He was going to see her. Quinn would lose it. Katie was like a sister to him, despite me they were so close as well. I sighed, pulling Katie's body closer to me, she flopped a little. This made me cry more.

At that moment, Quinn burst in to the room but I remained clutching Katie, crying.

"Tom? Are you alright?" Quinn asked, letting out a nervous chuckle.

I shook my head as I sniffled.

"Are you crying?" He asked. There was a pause then he said something that made my heart race. "Who's that your holding?"

I let out a small sob as Quinn came round and I could hear him let out a small gasp and gag. I looked up at him as more tears blurred my vision. I could see him turning away with his hand across his mouth.

"Quinn...she's dead." I cried.

He snapped his body back round. "I CAN SEE THAT!"

"What can I do? I need to save her, I have to." I cried lifting her face back to mine again.

"She's gone," Quinn told me, calmly. "There's nothing we can do. Let her rest in peace."

He crouched down next to me and lay his hand reassuringly on my shoulder. "She's gone." His voice cracked a little.

I sighed and shut my eyes, rocking Katie back and forth a little. "I love you, rest in peace my princess." I kissed her forehead and stared at her for a few minutes.

"I'm sorry." I heard Quinn say. I looked at Quinn and saw him quickly wipe a tear from his face.

"Don't hide your tears, cry all you want. She was like a sister to you." I told him.

Quinn nodded. "I'm gonna have to tell Mr Fisher.."

"No!" I snapped out. "Let me hold her for a bit..."

I wasn't ready to let her go, not yet. So I kept on cradling her in my arms, singing to her softly.

"I'm gonna go and clear myself." Quinn broke in.

I lifted my head up and stared at Quinn. He too had fallen apart. There was tears running down his cheeks and I've never seen him cry like this not ever. Due to the crying his eyes illuminated more bluer than usual. He leaned over towards Katie and stroked her cheek with the back of his index finger.

"Sleep tight, sister." He then stood up, letting out a shaky sigh as he walked out of the room, not giving a second glance.

I turned my head back to Katie, her face was now a grey colour. She was just lifeless. Like there was nothing left in her. I let out a small cry as I cried out her name at the same time.

"I can save her." A voice echoed.

I shook my head. "There's nothing you can do, she's gone."

"I can save her." The voice repeated, it sounded just like Katie.

I snapped my head up and looked up to see Katie standing there, wearing the exact same clothes she's in. But then I realised. I could feel powerful magic, this was her demon.

"No! You don't touch her! This was you, wasn't it?!" I questioned.

She shook her head. "I'm not the one that caused her death."

"But your her demon, her reflection." I said.

"Yes," She confirmed. "And I can save her."

"Why would you save her after all the pain and misery you've caused her?" I questioned.

"Because I've realised while watching her, that she has a good heart. She didn't deserve to die like this. At such a young age with her whole life ahead of her. I can save her, is that what you want?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah! Of course I do! Please! Help her!"

She nodded. "As you wish. She then turned back into a black shape and floated towards Katie's body. She started to enchant a spell. And colours suddenly surround Katie. The shadow disappeared and the magical colours faded. I looked down at Katie to see the colour flood back into her cheeks. I glanced down at her stomach and the stab wound was gone. She let out a hysterical cough and leaned forward. I brushed some of her hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. She was now sitting up in my arms and she stared at me, tears filling up in her eyes obviously with happiness.

"Tom?" She breathed out.

"Your alive!" I gasped, smiling. She beamed a smile at me before hugging me tight, burying her face into my shoulder.

"I thought I lost you, forever. It scared me so much. I love you." I told her.

She pulled out of the hug a little, tears rolling down her face. "I love you too."

I rested my forehead against hers as I lifted my hand up and stroked her cheek. She closed her eyes as her hand locked into my spare one, I leaned in as she did the same and I gently kissed her, I pulled away after a few seconds slowly and looked at her. Her eyelids lifted and I at last got a chance to stare at her beautiful dark eyes again. I never thought that her demon would save her life. This was amazing for me and for Katie.

I pulled her close into my chest and kissed her temple. "I'm so glad that I've got you back, princess."

She smiled and closed her eyes again. "I'm glad I'm back too, I'm so tired."

"You sleep, hun. I'll stay right with you." I said, cradling her in my arms again.

Her breathing started to slow and soon enough she was fast asleep in my arms. I kissed her forehead an leant my head against the top of hers. I wasn't going to let anything like that happen again. Now she was alive and well, she'd be able to tell me who did it to her. But first I was going to let her sleep. After a while my eyelids started to get heavy and I soon drifted off with only one thing running through my mind.

Demons can be Angels.