Chapter 33: The end of everything

I woke up the next morning, my view slightly a blur. I stirred a little and turned my head to see Jazz, looking like she was sorting her clothes out in her suitcase. I ended up falling asleep again last night but I didn't have another nightmare. I didn't even have another dream. But sometimes there's nights where you don't dream, your minds just dark and there's no imagination.

"Katie, your awake." I heard Jazz say happily.

"What time is it?" I asked.

She smiled at me. "It's just gone nine. You slept then?"

I nodded.

"Tom wants to see you." Jazz tells me making me narrow my eyes in confusion.

"Why?" I asked.

She sighed. "I told him, about your nightmare."

I glared at her. "But...I don't want him to know, I told you it doesn't matter."

"What happened in it? Please, tell me." Jazz demanded softly.

"Why should I?" I questioned.

"Katie, don't start acting all the funny business on me," Jazz snaps. "Tell me."

I sighed and shut my eyes for a moment. Maybe telling someone might make it a little more easier for me. I opened my eyes again and looked at Jazz. "I was walking in the hallway, it was dark...I could hear an evil laugh..enough to drive you insane...then I went into our room...and I saw myself...on the floor...dead. Jennifer was standing over me and she was holding a knife in her hand...I had a stab wound in my stomach...then Tom ran in...he fell onto his knees and his screams and cries were heartbreaking, Jazz..."

"It's alright, I'm here..what happened then?" Jazz asks.

"She was there." I said coldly, through gritted teeth.

"Who? Who was there?" Jazz questions.

"My reflection...she was smiling...loving every second of it...I tried to scream for Tom, I screamed as loud as I could but he couldn't hear me..that's when I woke up.." I summed up, sighing as I shut my eyes again.

"It wasn't real, Katie. My mum told me that dreams are silly things and nightmares. All it is, is something happened in the day or you've thought of someone or something in particular and while your asleep those things and people play in your mind in a fantasy. It's crazy, not real. I had a dream that I was floating on cheesecake once, and there was unicorns everywhere. Only because I ate cheesecake for pudding that day and I was thinking of unicorns." Jazz explained, laughing.

I laughed along with her. She was right, dreams and nightmares is just a fantasy that plays in your mind while your asleep. Nothing real. But my nightmare felt so vivid, so real. And the fact that my reflection was in there made it seem even more real.

"It was so vivid, Jazz." I tell her but she only smiles in return.

"It was just a dream, nothing more. Come on get dressed, your prince will be waiting for you." She winks at me making me smile and roll my eyes as I eventually pull myself out of bed.

***

As I walk towards the dining room I'm immediately met by Tom who's grinning at me. "Hey, princess."

"Hi, I'm guessing you heard about my nightmare?" I asked him.

Tom nodded. "Yeah, are you alright?"