Chapter 23: Belief

2 weeks later...
For the last 2 weeks I've been doing some research, the demon actually hadn't bothered me, but I knew it wasn't going away, only I had to get rid of it. Only I had to fight it, I needed to find my own way.

I've been looking up on the internet about demons and Devils, and the 666 numbers, some of the stories are shocking and quite disturbing but if I needed to bust this demon I needed to do my research. It was a Neverside demon, but hopefully anything that I would try, will work on it.

Lately, my bedroom walls has just been covered in drawings of weird symbols, due to me drawing them and sticking them everywhere. Kelly thinks I've gone mad, again, but not as mad as she thought I was the last time.

That night I was sat on my desk, I had just had a quick shower, my slightly wet hair tied up into a messy bun, I had my glasses on and I was drawing out another symbol on the piece of paper. Sometimes these weird symbols just come into my head, out of the blue. I draw them down before I forget them.

My bedroom door suddenly swings open and I see my little sister staring at me, concerned. "Katie, what are you-"

I erupted from my seat, before she even got a chance to finish her sentence. "GET OUT!" I pushed her out of my room and slammed the door after she'd gone. I sighed in frustration as I walked back over to my desk, resuming what I was drawing before.

After I had finished I blue tacked it to the wall with the rest of the drawings and stared at them all. What did these all have in common? I walked backwards and sat on my bed, still staring at them before I lay down and eventually fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In English class, I was not really listening to what Mrs Veraswamy was on about, I was drawing in my book on the full page a devils face for some reason, it was like I was forced to draw it, I didn't have a choice.

I could see at the corner of my eye, Quinn, staring at me, probably wondering what the hell I was doing.

A hand suddenly slams on my book and I look up to see Mrs Veraswamy glaring at me. She takes my book and looks at the picture I've drawn. "Is this work on Romeo and Juliet, Katie?"

"No." I answered.

"Then why have you drawn it?" She questioned.

"Because I can." I replied, simply.

I could hear Quinn trying to stifle his laughter making me smile.

"What's so funny?" Mrs Veraswamy asks me.

"Nothing, I'm not laughing." I snapped.

"Your smirking at me Katie." She says.

"So what?" I questioned.

I could sense the rest of the class staring at me and my English teacher right now, probably finding it all amusing. But I guess they found me more amusing than Mrs Veraswamy.

"I don't want to argue with you Katie, and I don't want to see this...image...in your book ever again. Do I make myself clear?" She questioned.

I folded my arms across my chest and sighed. "Yes."

"Yes, what?" She challenged.

"Yes miss." I snapped.

"Thank you." She sighed, dropping my book carelessly back on my desk.