Chapter 30: Confessions

I lay back on my bed; my arms still wrapped round my stomach. My head was pounding from all the crying I had been doing. I wiped the rest of the tears off my face just as Jazz walked into the room, she was about to put her hone on her bed when she caught my glance.

"Hey," she said, softly. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head, swiping under my eyes with the back of my finger. "Nothing."

She came over and sat down next to me; leaning herself up against the wall. "Somethings wrong...and I'm not leaving this room until you tell me exactly what."

Jazz was one of my best friends. I knew I couldn't tell her though. Because the pains and bruises will only get worse. Yeah. Cleo did end up making bruises on me because after Quinn left...well you wouldn't want to know. All that I knew was that I was in utter pain. She told me that she wasn't finished yet, apparently Jennifer wanted to have a go at hurting me and abusing me also. But she can go ahead. I don't really care anymore.

I looked down at my fumbling fingers, ignoring Jazz.

"Katie you've been acting weird since last night. Is this about Cleo fancying Tom?" Jazz asked.

I looked at her tears filling up in my eyes until I completely broke down into tears, not being able to hold on any longer. I felt Jazz pull me into a warm, safe hug, rubbing my back with her hand reassuringly as I hysterically cried into her shoulder. She then started shushing me and tried her best to calm me down, even though it didn't work.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here," Jazz cooed. "Katie, what the hell happened?"

I shook my head trying to speak but I was physically unable to as I was crying so hard.

She pulled me out of the hug and moved loose strands of my hair away from my face. "Did Cleo do something to you?"

I couldn't resist it no longer. Tom was already starting to get suspicious and me breaking down into tears pretty much blew the cover. I nodded my head.

"Oh my god what? Tell me." Jazz says.

But this time I refuse to tell her anything more.

"Should I get Tom?" Jazz asks.

I hunched my knees up to my chest and shook my head. I didn't want him to get all worried about me. This was his trip too and I wasn't ruining it for him. That just wasn't fair.

"Tough, I'm getting him," Jazz says, standing back up. "He knows how to deal with you when you're like this."

I sigh and lay my head on my knees, looking at the headboard of the bed on my right, rubbing the tears off my face at the same time.

I hear Jazz walk out and I sniffle as I close my eyes gently trying to make myself forget that I was even here.

***

"She's in there." I hear a muffled voice say outside the door. I try not to listen as I continue to silently cry, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Katie?" Tom asked as heard his footsteps come closer.

I lifted my head and stared at him, I obviously looked like I had been crying because as soon as he saw me, he sat down next to me and pulled me close into his chest.

"What happened to you, Katie? What did Cleo do?" Tom asked me, cradling me in his arms.

I sniffled as he kissed my forehead. "Shh, calm yourself down first, princess. I don't want to think I'm talking to a penguin do I?"