Chapter 26: Journey to Conwy

Today we were all set off for going to Conway for a stupid school trip. We were going to spend a week there and personally I didn't want to go but my dad forced me along with Quinn.

"It'll be fun, I promise." Quinn said, pinching my cheek.

I swatted him off me and pulled him a look as I went through my phone. "I can't be bothered."

"Well it's better than staying in school for the week." Tom chimes in.

"Yeah but those who are staying in school get to watch films while we're stuck in an apparent haunted building in the middle of nowhere." I say rolling my eyes and plugging my ear plugs in.

"Come on, your not going to shut us out are you?" Quinn asks.

"It's exactly what I'm intending to do, so if you don't mind." I snapped putting the buds in my ears.

As I'm going through my music app I feel the buds being pulled out of my ears and an arm wrap round me pulling me backwards. I let out a little squeal in surprise and look up to see Tom grinning cheekily at me.

"Tom?!" I yelled. "What the actual hell?"

"I'm not letting you shut us out it's rude." Tom smirks, dangling my earphones in the air.

I sit up and glare at him holding my hand out. "Give me them back Thomas Clarke now."

Tom shakes his head holding them higher as he stands up and starts to walk backwards down the aisle. I stand up after him and walk towards him. "Stop playing stupid."

"If you want them, you've gotta come and get them." Tom smirks again as some students start to look at us now.

I raise my eyebrows at him and suddenly launch at him. Unfortunately Tom loses his balance and falls onto his back me following after him as I fall on top of him. I manage to grab my earphones off him and I smirk at him as he starts to grin.

"Alright, you two up you get." I hear Mr Fisher say randomly from somewhere.

I climb off Tom and make my way towards the back of the coach again. I lift my feet up onto the seats and sighed, leaning against the window. It was going to take 4 hours and 5 minutes precisely to get from Cardiff to Conwy and I was pretty sure my phone will probably be dead in the next hour.

We were now 10 minutes into the journey and already everybody was making a right racket. Some of the girls were starting to sing some Adele songs and Max and Jake were complaining because of it. Mr Fisher and our biology teacher Mrs Blake were arguing over who should get the map and the directions. Quinn was complaining because he left his football behind, Tom was arguing with Lola because apparently she stole his hairspray or something like that, Jan was angry because she was trying to read a book and Jazz was complaining because she was going to end up missing a cup semi-final this Saturday or something like that.

I sighed and quietly watched the passing hills and farms that went by, it was pretty boring. I grabbed my phone out of my bag and saw a message from my mum.

Have fun! Stay safe! We're all missing you already. xxx

I rolled my eyes. Yeah right. I shoved my phone back in my bag leant my head against the window again. I suddenly started to feel myself drift off until I faded into darkness.

***

"Katie.." A voice echoed.

"Katie, wake up." The voice echoed again as I felt my body being pushed gently. My eyes slowly opened and I was met by the view from my window. It looked like we had stopped for some reason. I moved my head to the right to feel a sharp pain go through my neck. Ouch. I really shouldn't of fell asleep like that. I looked up to see Tom smiling at me.