Chapter 48: Pep talks & Nerves

About half an hour after having a conversation with my parents the door burst open and in stumbled Quinn. Without warning he chucked flowers right at me and a boofle bear. Then along came a card that neatly hit me in the face.

God he's so freaking sensitive. Does he realise my parents are still sitting here.

"Quinn Christopher, well I wouldn't have guessed." My dad says, turning a little in his chair so he faces Quinn who's now looking extremely panicky.

"Uh...sorry...Mr Lord I was just...really excited to see her." Quinn says awkwardly.

Dad still doesn't look impressed. "Well next time will you be more sensitive around my daughter? She's been through enough as it is, you throwing stuff at her isn't going to help at all-"

"Dad!" I cut him off. "It's fine, honestly. Quinn's my best friend, I don't mind."

Dad sighs. "Right, well I'm going to get a coffee, Christine do you want one, darling?"

"No, thank you, honey." Mum smiles at dad before dad gives her a short kiss on the lips which immediately makes me throw up inside.

"Eww, mum, dad, do you mind?" I question them, cringing at them both.

"Um, you can hardly talk, Madame! You and Tom are worse than me and your father." Mum argues.

"She's kinda got a point to be honest, Kat." Quinn chuckles awkwardly.

"Um...I'm sorry...we're not that bad come on." I protest.

Quinn and mum just give me looks as in to say 'yes you are' so what if we are? We're a teenage couple. And you get my mum and dad doing it in a hospital. How can anything be worse than seeing you parents do business like that in front of you. I mean it was only just a short kiss but still...eww. God if Kelly were here to see that she'd start screaming at mum and dad telling them they're embarrassing as hell.

"Do you want anything, hun?" Mum asks me.

I shake my head. "No, not really."

She nods. "I'm just going to call Kelly and see where she is, okay? I won't be a moment."

As soon as mum walks out of the room Quinn looks at me sympathetically.

"What?" I ask him, giving him a slightly awkward smile.

"Nothing it's just...I didn't know you were feeling so..." He trails off.

"Feeling so...what?" I question him.

"Suicidal." He says.

My heart starts racing as soon as he mentions that word. I stare down at my trembling hands, tears threatening to come out of my eyes.

"It's just...everything started getting on top of me...all the bullying...the horrible messages, what people were saying about me. Quinn...I couldn't take it anymore...so I thought it would help if I might as well just not have existed. People were telling me that I should go and die anyway." I explain.

"Yeah, but you shouldn't listen to them. You're way more smarter than they are, okay? You shouldn't have been feeling like that. I wish I could've done more...I'm kinda blaming myself because I never did much about it I just went behind the scenes and didn't try and get mixed up with all the rants and the shit that was happening on Facebook. But you're like a sister to me and I've let you down, big time." Quinn says sadly.

"Quinn," I start softly. "It's not your fault, okay? You didn't want to get yourself involved too much I get that. But Tom did say you wanted to start a campaign for me...I say that's a pretty good idea coming from your loud mouth."