Chapter 3

Beorn shows me the way through a high thorn hedge, the wooden gate is high and broad and beyond I can see more gardens and a big house made of wood. He leads me in to a wide hall with a fireplace in the middle where a sparkeling fire is lit and warms up the hall with a soft light. There the animals quickly get out boards and trestles from the side walls and set them up near the fire. Then some sheep come in with trays on their backs which the dogs fast place on the table. After that one of the white horses leads me to a low-seated bench where Beorn already has sat down.

- So what do you want?

- I seek a place to rest before I will go on with my journey.

- Maybe, but first tell me about your journey.

The animals all gatter around us while we are eating and I'm retelling them about my journey. After I'm done, Beorn looks at me with his dark eyes that now have turned friendly and says in a much nicer vocie.

- I will let you stay here as long as you wish and I will give you all the help I can, so you may continue your journey through Greenwood.

I use Greenwood and not Mirkwood, because this story takes place before the hobbit and it's only around the time after Smaug takes Erebor that it's gets the name Mirkwood.

And don't worry Legolas will be in this story. ;)

//Middleearth_fantasy