Chapter 23

Legolas point of view.

After my fathers command to get ready for war it becomes a controlled chaos. Everyone know what they have to do and are running around to do their part of the preparation. The guards run to get their weapons ready, servants run to prepare the infirmary. I walk to my chamber to put on my armour. There I think about Amarië. I hope she is far away now. If not she will be easily harmed or worse killed. I need to get my mind of her. If not I will not be able to concentrate and become an easy target. But it's hard. I promised myself to fight for her and it is not easy to fight for someone when she isn't here. In that moment a messenger enters.
M: My lord, the captain and the king are waiting for you to plan the attack.
L: I'll be there in a minute.
He leaves and I grab my weapons before joining my father and the captain.
C: We should take out their scouts first and then surprise them. Then they will not be ready and it will be even easier to kill them.
T: Never underestimate an enemy captain. Never call it easy until afterwards.
L: Still to surprise them gives us advantage.
T: Yes it does. But I want the leader or the leaders alive.
C: How do we know who the leader is?
L: We don't.