Chapter 35

❤️️️Amariës point of view❤️
Outside the chambers is a guard waiting for me.
G: My lady, I'm assigned by the king to watch you.
I look at him. He is quite tall and looks very strong. I nod and he shows the way. He leads me through beautiful tunnels with paintings and details like flowers and stars. I suddenly realise that we are walking towards the gates.
A: Are we leaving the palace?
I ask surprised.
G: The prince is waiting for you in the forest.
He answers as we pass through the gates. There stand two horses waiting for us. One of them is white and starts walking towards me the second he sees me.
A: Nimdor!
I scream and run to him. He puffs his nose against my hand.
A: I missed you too.
G: My lady, we should get going.
The guard interrupts. He has already saddled up. I sit up and ride after him. It's amazing to feel the wind blowing through my hair again. After a while I as;
A: Aren't there spiders in the woods?
G: Not in this part.
We keep riding in silence. Soon he stops and gets off his horse. I see another horse that is already here. It must be Legolas. I get down from Nimdor. The guard walks over to me and says;
G: If you keep walking straight forward you will find the prince waiting for you. I'll wait here with the horses.
I nod and walk in the direction he pointed out. After some minutes I come out in a opening with a fantastic view over a valley. Legolas stands on the edge of the cliff with his back turned to me. On the ground lays a piece of fabric with plates filled with food. Two vine glasses and a bottle of wine as well. I gasp because it is so beautiful. Legolas turns around.