Chapter 15

Legolas point of view.

- Legolas get out of the way, she has tricked your mind.

My father says and I can see that he is starting to get very angry.

- My mind is clear and my heart does not lie.

- What do you know about love, do you think your love is true?

- I will not let you lock her up, when she's telling the truth.

I can feel my blood start to pump around in my blood, in time with my temper starting to rise.

- Well if that is your choice son, then you leave me no choice. TAKE HER BY FORCE.

He commands, shouting the last words. I quickly get my daggers out and stepping in front of Amarië. I can't explain when I decided to go against my father to protect her. We just met, but just being close to her makes me feel almost giddy and I want to protect her from the world. Even from my father and only prison.

- No, Legolas let them take me and so I can prove my innocence. It'll be fine.

She pleads from behind me, but nobody, including me, listens to her. The guards start to approach from all sides.

- Stand up and stay behind me.

I tell her keeping a close eye on the guards in front of me. She does as I say, but I can see in her eyes that she doesn't believe this will work. It would be wrong of me to hurt anyone and I definitely won't kill anyone, but if I want to keep her out of prison I have to hurt them or they'll keep trying to get to her. I block the first attack, but soon lose one of my daggers. The guards are well trained and more are coming to the throne room and beginning to attack from behind. That's when I hear a thump, like a body hitting the floor. I quickly turn around and see Amarië collapse on the floor and a guard behind her with a sword in his hand. He seems to have hit her with the handle on the head, hard enough to make her black out. At that short moment when I focus on her the guards manage to grab me, unarm me and tie my hands behind my back. In that moment I realise that there is nothing I can do. I can just watch when they tie her hands behind her back and tie her feet, before dragging her out of the room. I did not keep my promise to her. I couldn't protect her like I said I would.

- Gwanna! (Leave)

My father commands and the guards immediately do as they're told and soon I'm alone with him. I take a deep breath and then turn to face him and the consequences.