Chapter 21

Legolas point of view.

After the nightmare I couldn't fall asleep again, I just stayed by the window watching the sun rise above the horizon. The sky was painted in beautiful colours and I could hear birds sing happily amongst the trees. The next thing I heard was the sound of horns warning us about an attack.

I quickly get dressed in my armour and make my way towards the throne room. Once there I'm met with chaos. Guards, servants, messengers and many more are running around to fulfil orders that my father is currently yelling out. Instead of disturbing him I walk up to the captain standing next to him holding his weapons.

- What is going on?

I ask him confused, it was long since we were under attack.

- A large number of orcs have crossed the southern border. We think they might only be passing through, but we need to be sure.

He starts to explain when my father interrupts.

- Legolas! I want you to lead a small group of our best warriors and capture at least on of them. We need to know what they are doing here.

- Yes father.

I answer and turn around to get a group ready quickly, but a hand on my shoulder stops me. I look back into the serious and worried face of my father.

- Dartho varna, Ion nîn. (Stay safe, my son)

With a nod I walk away getting the elite guard ready for the mission.

We move quick and quiet through the woods and can soon hear them. They have made a camp just inside of our border with some of them on watch to warn the rest if anybody approaches. They'll be the easiest to grab without alerting the others of our presence. So we slowly move from shadow to shadow closing in on the closest orc sitting with a big sword at its side. Me and two others climb a tree and move towards him from above. When the foul creature is beneath us we drop down behind him. There is no time for him to make any noise before we've hit him hard on the head knocking him out. We quickly bind his hands and feet before leaving the rest of the orcs behind without them noticing that one of them just got captured.