Chapter 19

Legolas point of view.

The days pass slowly without any sign of her and slowly turn into weeks. My hope to see her again is beginning to fade. As I'm on my way to the forest to do my daily training, a servant scurries up to me and with a bow he stops in front of me.

- My lord, the king desires to speak with you. He is waiting for you in your private quarters.

With a sigh I nod to him and he scurries of again down the hall. I really don't wish to speak with my father, he believes he did the right thing and I'm better of without Amarië.

I'm about to enter the room when I change my mind. I refuse to speak with him and instead of turning back and go to the forest, I decide to walk down to the dungeons. There my father will hopefully not look for me. As I'm strolling down towards the lower levels I meet the captain of the guard.

- My lord, where are you going? If I may ask?

He asks surprised, since I don't really have any business down here.

- To the dungeons.

Is my simple answer as I pass him.

- But why my lord?

He asks my back and I can feel him staring at me.

- Hiding from my father.

I say continuing my way.

- I see, then I shall not disturb you.

I keep walking until I reached the dungeons and start to wander around there and just thinking. Soon I've reached the lowest dungeon and there in the dark I sit down without knowing what to do, when a scream interrupts the silence.

- Retha! Anyone! (Help)

I am standing up before I even decided to stand up. That voice, it sounded just like Amarië and I'm already moving towards the direction of the sound when I realise that it's impossible. If she was down here, we would know it. I'm about to walk away when I once again hear the voice. With a deep breath I move towards it again.