Das Finale

"Miss Koch, the secretary-general's gone."

Regardless of whether her subordinates told her or not, Kar entered the secretary-general's office without uttering a word.

To maintain the leadership and continuity of power, she's now acting Secretary-General Karina Koch. All units and resources are under her absolute control, and everyone will comply with her orders to the letter.

The moment Kar sat on his chair, she felt the weight piling on her shoulders. Nevertheless, her expression never faltered. She has to be strong—for them, and the Federation.

Anna stuck next to her. It's clear she had something to say, but couldn't. The notice already went public. Despite everything, she has dedication, so Kar didn't hesitate to order her around.

"Call the congress and acting chairman of the joint chiefs."

She nodded and left. Now alone, Kar pondered. At this stage, the whole continent will view the Federation in a power struggle of sorts. Not a lot can be done with that other than to give the image of business as usual.

But then again, a lot recognized their power—power that forced a lot to hide—hiding through conformity. It's not surprising to see humans in the continent calling beastmen 'animals,' or elves calling humans 'inferior rabbits' despite raising the bar high on what a civilized nation is beside the wars.

As a german, but specifically once a nazi german, there's simply a lot to be done other than social issues. When the necessary officials entered the room and video chat, Kar did what she needed to do.

"Members of the congress, chairman... I regret to inform you the Secretary-General has abandoned us."

They gasped. "What?!"

They cannot believe it. They must not. It went beyond their loyalty and belief. But the second lady, his soon-to-be wife, said so.

Kar, holding back her tears, forced herself to continue.

"As of now, the Secretary-General abandoned his post, leaving us without instructions. I believe it is imperative as the leaders of the Federation to move on from this dilemma immediately so our country can mourn this painful moment of our early history and press on."

Some wanted to interject, to reassure or believe Y/N must have a proper reason or a plan, but Kar's somber expression hardened with determination.

Ever since she was a little girl, she knew firsthand what deceit felt and looked like. That alone was enough to convince them.

They bowed reverently. "Secretary-General Koch, we await your orders."

Central Point, Capital of New Valencia

"What the hell are with these numbers?!"

Enterprise glared at the Gra Valkan G4M Betties and Type 21 Zeroes flying over the capital. Fires raged everywhere as bombers released their payload.

Enterprise's form allowed her to summon an M82 Barret 50 cal. Each shot ripped the thin planes with its Raufoss Mk 211 high-explosive incendiary and armor-piercing round.

She restlessly pulls the trigger; another hit on one of the bomber's payload shreds it to pieces. After routing an entire fleet with her two Butterflies' railguns weeks ago, they returned for more; and now hellbent on invading.