Operation: New Resolution

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
-Napoleon Bonaparte, a hundred years before 1939

The morning sun, the light of a day, rose and shone over the lands of the Great Orient. From beyond the occupied Altarus capital of Le Brias, ships both in color and nature alike littered over the coastal seas for everyone to see. Their size and speed were thought to be inconceivable, but nevertheless, there they were– Poised and ready to engage.

Thousands who were woken up by the attack during the early hours of the new day watched the steel ships littered on their coast in awe. Surviving Papaldian soldiers took drastic measures to reinforce the coastline, but in the shadows, they have been silenced by the resistance movements who have planned for this moment for weeks and with their command structure crippled, there was only a minimal amount to hold off an invasion.

As the first ray of sunlight touches the beach of the occupied capital still billowing on smoke after the first strike, the large ramp of the biggest ship descends, and out came two massive rafts and dozens of steel chariots. Above it and the ship beside it, mechanical beasts took to the skies.

[This was supposed to be my joke on this chapter but you guys soiled it. Soiled it. Soiled it. Soiled it. Soiled it.]

Shells from the destroyers and cruiser softened the defenses built on the beaches and created pillars of water in front of the amphibious force that formed a column of smoke covering their advance.

Just watch it

-------------------------

A bell rang loudly onboard the ship, soldiers ran back and forth in a hurry.

"...I wonder what's going on." Dragon knight Denis yawned as he asked his companion Sheo. They were onboard a new model of dragon carrier conducting an experimental voyage about 240 km west of the Kingdom of Altarus.

"Everyone gather on deck!!!" came the order.

The prototype dragon carrier Palkimaera was constructed with a longer runway than previous dragon carriers. Prior to their attack on the Kingdom of Altarus, Japan had notified various countries that entry into predesignated warzones would be restricted. However, because many countries had large merchant vessels, and because wyvern lords didn't have the range to fly to Altarus from another country, it was decided that there would be no problem even if dragon carriers were to show up on the radar, which is how the Palkimaera avoided being attacked.

But that would simply be negligent while conducting an amphibious invasion.

Onboard the experimental carrier, lies the new generation of wyverns called the Wyvern overlord. The product of countless selective breeding, this pedigree, with the maximum speed of 430 km/h, was comparable to late world war 1 fighter that boasts agility, speed, and combat with the side effect of a shorter lifespan.